Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

"AND" and "OR" logic in Tag settings

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Ant and Rob,

Is there any setting in zentools2 to allow for choosing two tags from a list, and then displaying articles that have tag1 AND tag2?

I have a client with this requirement.

As far as I can tell, it will show all articles that have either tag1 or tag2

:(

J
  • Jay44
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 34 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi J,

Just to be clear you would only want articles to display that have the same two tags? e.g. both are tagged with car and motor vehicle and will display

While If only one tag e.g. car it wouldn't display? and all content would follow the same rule

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Yes.
"and all content would follow the same rule" - not sure what your implications are for this though.

The other way I have though about it is to choose a Category first, say "Motor Vehicles" and then show just the articles tagged with car.

Another way is to use two tags, and show only articles that have both the tags, but I think restricting to category is better.
  • Jay44
  • 34 posts
Hi J

I'll need to check with Anthony on this isn't possible at the moment with the module

It may be possible that it is something we could look at as a custom development project but will check with Anthony later today

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Jill,

I'll add this to the feature list to see how easy this is to do.

If it's something you definitely need then we could look at it for a custom project to add this to Zentools2.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers