Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Problem with lightbox in grid layout

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello,
I try to reproduce the image gallery in fullscreen grid as is displayed here, but on my side lightbox doesn't work.
I checked Zentools2 options, but I think that I didn't selected the correct layout.
Can you tell me if the options I've selected are the right ones? quick.as/X7LGUpoge
I activated the Debug mode option because I thought of a jQuery conflict, but I think the problem is the selection of template.

Thank you and congratulations for this new version of Zentools ;)

test-scorrendo.scorrendoconilliri.it/beyond-the-road/beyond-the-road-2015
  • Lorenzo
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 369 posts
  • 11 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Lorenzo.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

First I'd take a duplicate of your existing module and work on the duplicate

If you change the content source to images and load the folder does that work?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
yes it seems to work if I change the content source to images, but there is another problem: my folder contains 11 images and only 8 are displayed.
Is it possible to view in fullscreen grid eg. 8 images and display entire contents of the folder only during navigation (via lightbox)?
If I have 100 pictures it's unlikely that I will display all the 100 pictures in the same page… :unsure:
  • Lorenzo
  • 369 posts
  • 11 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Lorenzo.
Hi

Unfortunately this isn't possible at this stage with the module

I have added it our request tracker

Sorry I can't be of more help with the one

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
… shame, now I need to look for another extension that do the same :(
  • Lorenzo
  • 369 posts
  • 11 Thanks
Hello again,
I spent a lot of time to looking for another extension that display images as your module display them (fullscreen grid), but I have not really found it, so I come back to Zeentools2 .

This time I've changed the layout (I choosed slideshow layout), but I have to deal with the same problem: in the options of this layout it's possible to select the folder where images will be loaded, so why add a number in the option "Count"??
I want to load the entire folder… It's a non sense, if in the future I want to add others images in this same folder I'll have to make an addition to images that were previously in the folder…

Here are other problems that I could identify:

- Thumbnail size: size options in the layout manages the image size and not the size of its container, so I always have the same size of the thumbnail ...

Where to manage the spacing (margin/padding) between thumbnails, should I use css rules or options are available in the layout (I don't think…)?

- Lightbox options: even if social networks buttons are activated, they are not displayed in the lightbox.

Sorry for that, but at the moment I think I'll drop Zentools 2… :(
  • Lorenzo
  • 369 posts
  • 11 Thanks
Hi Lorenzo,

1. We added a count like this because some people may want to limit the number of items coming from a folder. If you need to be assured that new images will load then add something like 10000 as the count item.

2. The slideshow has no control over the width of it's container. It's set via the template or other content. In responsive design this is standard that slideshows are defined based on the width of the space available. As the space available decreases then the image decreases.

Not sure what you mean by this:
so I always have the same size of the thumbnail ...

3. Spacing between the thumbnails is set in the css. There are no options to define the space there but the default zentools spacing of 4px should be enough.

4. We would need to see an example of why thats not working. It works fine in my tests.

We may add your idea of displaying more items in the lightbox but will need to consider this some more with the next update.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hello and sorry for the late reply but I was traveling... ;)
1. We added a count like this because some people may want to limit the number of items coming from a folder. If you need to be assured that new images will load then add something like 10000 as the count item.
... it make sense, why I have not thought about it before… :unsure:
Not sure what you mean by this:
so I always have the same size of the thumbnail ...
What I wanted to say:
when I change the thumbnail size, it's the size of the images that changes, the size of the container remains the same, which has the consequence that the image is blurry and pixelates.

if I put the width to 120px and height to 80px, the image in the thumbnails is correct

if I put the width to 60px and height to 40px, the image in the thumbnails is pixelate. I thought it was the container that was resized but is the picture that is resized…

4. We would need to see an example of why thats not working. It works fine in my tests.
Here the address where you can see the lightbox; no social icons are displayed to share the image.
test-scorrendo.scorrendoconilliri.it/beyond-the-road/beyond-the-road-2015

... and here my configuration: infinit.io/_/pXDtsxM

Thank you again ;)
  • Lorenzo
  • 369 posts
  • 11 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Lorenzo.
Hi Lorenzo,

Thumbnails:
You need to adjust the number of items int he settings above the thumbnail size. This is so that you can determine the number of items to display in the pagination depending on the screen size. If you reduce the thumb size then increase the number of items to display.

4. My local version works fine. I've asked for login details in the other forum post and will look once we get that.
Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers