Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Why does zentools not use the Joomla updater?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

This is very easy to accomplish with the ARS - Akeeba Release System. There are surly other ways too but not using the updater is a major draw back for site maintainers and it is the Joomla standard for quite some time now. Is there any good reason not to use this phantastic method?
  • ubunti
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 371 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
I agree it would be great. It's more to do with our JB infrastructure. Hope to get to it at some point soon.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: porwig
A quick Zentools2 update question. We are using version 1.0.4. (for all K2 content). Updating to 1.1.3 is beyond my understanding (eg 'Please note that after installing this update you will need to compile less to css in the module admin. eg click on create master css and also any custom css for modules that are using this option.), so what will actually happen if I just uploaded the new version?
  • Philip
  • 12 Month basic
  • 272 posts
  • 4 Thanks
It would add some functionality but it may not quite function or display correctly

It would depend on what you are using layout wise

If worried about any update I use the Akeeba pro version and have a backup ready to use

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers