Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Social Buttons not working correct

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi JB,

I use the social buttons Facebook, G+ and Twitter built in the template. When I want to share an article to Facebook, it grabs an arbitrary introtext, let's say from an article of the same category. I cleaned cache, restarted the browser (FF and Chrome), it's consisting in taking the wrong introtext. What's wrong? It's a bit weird if the introtext of another article is showed in facebook...

Grtz,
Dick Mulder
  • Dick Mulder
  • 12 Month basic
  • 90 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Dick,

Are the aliases of the menu link / article correct?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul, Yes, they are. But! I tried another plugin, same problem. So the template seems not the problem. Am curious if more people have this problem.

Grtz,
Dick
  • Dick Mulder
  • 12 Month basic
  • 90 posts
Hi Dick,

Can you confirm the version number of this template and I'll test it on a development site

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Morning Paul,

I have Version: 1.3.3 | Release Date: August 20 2015. But maybe it is a waste of your time (although i appreciate your effort very much) since the other plugin had the same problem.
Maybe it is a caching problem? Fact is that i copied a K2 article, renamed it, as well as the alias, changed the image, the introtext and the content. When sharing the first time it took the site meta description, then after cleaning cache it showed the introtext of the article that i copied.
After closing down the whole system by the way, it took the right introtext when i tried to share it. That's why i figured maybe it's a caching problem?

Grtz,
Dick
  • Dick Mulder
  • 12 Month basic
  • 90 posts
Hi Dick,

That sounds like it is the caching

Thanks for update

Have a great weekend

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
You too mate! Thanks for helping...

Grtz,
Dick
  • Dick Mulder
  • 12 Month basic
  • 90 posts
Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers