Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

put menu in new position

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi! I am trying to customize Responsive 2. I would like to put a hamburger-style menu in the Header3 position. Please see the attached mock picture. I have the logo in Header1, the search bar in Header2, the menu in Header3, and the cart icon in Header4.

I cannot figure out how to insert a menu in Header3 that will look like the attached picture, and open on click, just as the menu would if it were set to offcanvas in responsive mode.

Is there a way to insert the menu code in the Header3 position in the header.php file? And then adjust the media queries to always have the hamburger menu on, and the regular (full width) menu off?

Thanks for your ideas, I'm having a hard time implementing this!!
Attachments:
  • sarahhumphrey
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 37 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Sarah,

How far are you along using responsive2?

Buildr is more flexible in this regard and does contain the responsive template style as a sub theme

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks Paul, I'm just getting started, so I will switch to Buildr instead. Thanks for the advice!
  • sarahhumphrey
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 37 posts
You're welcome

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
This should be helpful

docs.joomlabamboo.com/joomla-template/buildr-documentation/layout/drag-drop-modules

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers