Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Displaying a K2 item

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

At this page (zentools.joomlabamboo.com/k2-as-a-content-source) I see how a K2-item can be displayed. When I look at my website, it looks like this:

k2.JPG

That is because I disabled K2 default CSS. Where can I find the settings to make them like the rest of the template (Responsive2)?

Grtz,
Dick
  • Dick Mulder
  • 12 Month basic
  • 90 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Dick,

Do you have a link for the website?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Morning Paul,

Here's a link: green-island.holiday/en/holiday-accommodation-corfu/houses-villas-corfu/villa-theodora.html
I can do something about it with css, but I thought that the desing of the template would do that. I disabled the k2 css because of Zenkit.

Ciao,
Dick
  • Dick Mulder
  • 12 Month basic
  • 90 posts
Hi Dick,

The link in the first post is pointing to Zentools. Zentools just happens to be displaying k2 items. As you know zentools is a moduel that can display content from a number of different sources.

The page on your site uses Zentools for the top slideshow. But the content underneath is the K2 component itself. The content under and including the title Villa Theodora is the K2 component.

It's using one of the Zenkit templates but on the item view (not the category view) there is no special styling ie the template takes on the styling.

Perhaps if you could tell us what kind of layout you were trying to create we can help.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,

Yes, so far I only used the Zentools as a module. But I thought that there was an option, just like Zenkit for K2-category listings, to connect K2 to Zentools. I came to that idea by this page(s): zentools.joomlabamboo.com/k2-as-a-content-source
Since I have to disable the K2 default css, I thought also that the css of the template would take over the presentation of the individual K2 items. But as you can see it don't, it's just plane text with no design at all.
The layout I have in mind is something like this: the-green-island.co.uk/corfu-accommodation/villa-athena-corfu
That's on my current site, which will be replaced by the .holiday site. What you see there is K2.
Thanks in advance for your time and effort!

Grtz,
Dick
  • Dick Mulder
  • 12 Month basic
  • 90 posts
Hi Dick,

Yes as mentioned above you can display K2 content using Zentools. But your page isn't using Zentools to display K2. It's using a Zenkit template to display the K2 component. The slider at the top uses Zentools.

The template has no specific styling for the Extra fields in K2 so that's where the confusion is coming from.

So if you add this to the custom.css file it will add similar styling to the one in your reference link:
span.itemExtraFieldsLabel {
    float: left;
    width: 20%;
    font-weight: bold;
}
span.itemExtraFieldsValue {
    float: right;
    width: 70%;
}

To add the lines between each item you would add this:
#zenkit ul, #zenkit ul li {
    list-style-type: none;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #eee;
    float: left;
    width: 100%;
    padding: 8px 0;
}

Hope that helps.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
That definitely helps Anthony!
Later I realized that I did some styling myself to the website I showed you, but that was the K2-styling itself. Yesterday I was searching for the right ID or class, but couldn't find it because of the zenkit classes. I already thought to disable Zenkit (I can live with the presentation of default K2-categories) and style it myself, but your code is perfect. Thanks!
I sent you a private mail yesterday. There are some hints about subjects for documentation. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help...

Grtz,
Dick
  • Dick Mulder
  • 12 Month basic
  • 90 posts
Thanks Dick

Enjoy the weekend

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dick Mulder

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers