Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

One page side navigation

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Would there be any reasonable way to use the one-page type navigation in a sticky sidebar? Like what you can see in the right side of this page:

www.maraandjesse.com/when-and-where

I could create that fixed the "onepage" div to the side, but can I have that AND regular navigation somehow? Any ideas?
  • Troy Mumm
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 140 posts
  • 3 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Troy,
Ive been thinking about that a bit recently actually. At the moment we don't have anything but you can see the code for the one page menu in the tpls/blocks/menu.php.

However the one page menu in the theme links to the rows of content so it would only really be useful for rows below the main content. To make it sticky and sit outside of the main area would take a bit more work but it's certainly possible.

Ive added it to the dream list for the framework but cant really offer more than this now. There may be a module or plugin available on the JED that handles this kind of thing as well.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Is this an option? (from Blueshift - a JB member)

I use a $5 plugin called smooth scroll anchors for this. You just need to have an anchor tag anywhere on the page and you can hit it from a menu button, or from a button or link embedded in other content.

EDIT: here's the JED link
extensions.joomla.org/profile/extension/structure-a-navigation/site-navigation/smooth-scroll-anchors

so it would be a fake kind of one page but may do the trick

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers