Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

floating in different media types

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello, I'm trying to change the position of module sidebar-2 using @media screen with CSS but to no avail: www.northshorehostelmaui.com
the position of the reservation widget stays floated right (which is what I intended in the custom HTML article) and I can't seem to have it float to the left on my phone using @media screen...unless I'm not changing the CSS in the correct file? Is this because it's in the sidebar position...I expect so...?
I hope this is enough info if someone might have some experience with this...I appreciate some tips....thanks
  • Michael Dour
  • 12 Month basic
  • 15 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Looking at the widget

element.style {
float: right;
width: 220px;
padding: 0px auto 0px 0px;
}

It has inline styling so you want to override these values at a particular width - is that correct?

Cheers
Paul

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Are you able to load the widget in the article without a sidebar using either loadposition or an extension?

Cheers
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
yes that's correct I want to override the inline styling at different widths....no success....not sure how to use {loadposition} command to achieve that as you've suggested...I've changed custom.css with the following:
@media screen and (max-width: 620px;){
#sidebar-2 #eik {
float: left;
}
}
  • Michael Dour
  • 12 Month basic
  • 15 posts
Hi

I would still look to use loadposition rather than make really big changes to the template css

www.joomlabamboo.com/blog/tutorials/using-the-loadposition-plugin-to-load-joomla-content

www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/loadposition-loadmodule/

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
thanks from a noob...I hope to sort it out using these valuable resources...you guys are great~

Aloha...
Michael
  • Michael Dour
  • 12 Month basic
  • 15 posts
You're welcome :)

I'd add a div to the html and then add the loadposition inside that div and then float the div using css

Then see how that looks / works

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
no luck...I've tried floating,...doesn't want to respond to the @media screen styling...and not much success with either loadposition or loadmodule....I only want the reservation widget to float to the left on a phone...no success with these methods yet...
  • Michael Dour
  • 12 Month basic
  • 15 posts
So Just to summarise with loadposition

You've created a unique position name and that is the position name box (best a position name with no spaces)

The module is assigned to all pages

Then in the article you've added {loadposition yourpositionname)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Sorry if I'm being dense...perhaps I'm still missing something...using this technique would require me to use {loadposition} to place this widget in each article of my site? I've created a custom HTML module in sidebar2 which is working well except for the floating issue mentioned above (and not playing well with zentools gallery)...I want this widget on every page ergo I must modify all the articles using this technique? My understanding is that was what the various positions were meant to accomplish...thanks for your patience...I'm learning more!
  • Michael Dour
  • 12 Month basic
  • 15 posts
ah you have a point there - I didn't realise that was to show on every page

rats

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I'll need to check on this as I thought I could use the abovecontent position set that to hide on widescreen and then hide the sidebar2

Problem is it doesn't work :)
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers