Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

More Issues with 'Select Input-Boxes' & Other Styling for Bootstrap 3

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

Have any of the templates been fixed yet?
I've been checking Twitter daily since the request months back.
  • Aadil
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Aadil,

Anthony is working on an update for the entire framework

I think you commented on this but I'll add the link
www.joomlabamboo.com/blog/about-the-club/feb-2016-update

The intention is to then roll out template updates that support the new framework code base rather than make additions to a framework version that will be updated shortly.

If you need styling support for a bootstrap site now can you create a ticket highlighting the issues on the site.

sorry again for the delay as its proved more complex to do than expected

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

Okay, I can understand the reasoning behind that decision. Yes, I did read & comment on that post - I'll wait for the framework update.

Aadil
  • Aadil
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
Thanks for your patience on this

I'm sorry its taking so long

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

On a side note, since you're updating the framework, could you consider creating a starter/blank template (or updating a previous one) for the new framework that will be updated as the framework progresses?

When this blank template is continually updated, it usually makes it easier to push updates to custom templates that we build.

Regards,
Aadil
  • Aadil
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
Hi Aadil,

I'll check with Anthony.

I'm not quite sure where we are with the starter themes - I know Base4 is due soon

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

Sure, thanks for the update.

Aadil
  • Aadil
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
Hi Aadil,

The new buildr theme is just that - a dedicated starter theme that can replicate about 7 of our earlier simple themes. I will have a beta with bootstrap fixes etc today if you are interested in me sending you a copy?
Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aadil
Hi Anthony,

Sounds good, I have quite a bit going on but I don't mind...will try and take a look at it when I get some free time, thanks.

The buildr theme does sound really good but, in general, I've been afraid of things that have too many moving parts - more parts/complexity usually means a greater chance of things to go wrong.
I'd like to start creating bootstrap templates and then port them to Joomla & maybe Wordpress after that depending on time (by using underscores & once I figure out how your framework fits everything together).

Since I want templates/themes to be pretty bare (for my planned usage) I'd strip most of your current framework besides the theme selection option, layout/grid options & code insertion fields - I like the possibility of different layouts but I'm not sure yet if the buildr theme would be suitable for the above?
That's why I asked about a starter/blank template.

Aadil
  • Aadil
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
Yes I understand that.

Buildr basically puts more control into the interface but the underlying structure is more or less the same.

So for developers that want to stay with the code they just need to edit less and edit the html / php files.

Buildr will also become WP compatible once we get the basic nuts and bolts defined.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
So in cases of past templates we hardcoded things like colors, margins, spacing, row backgrounds etc so now they are just less variables that can be edited in the code or via the interface.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Okay great, that sounds good!

Side note - do you plan on moving from LESS to SCSS now or in future when bootstrap4 releases (I like planning ahead).
I'd plan to start getting more involved with SCSS - mainly because of bootstrap4 changing over.
  • Aadil
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
I haven't really looked at SCss recently.

Moving over poses an issue with backwards compatibility really so might be something that happens for Joomla4. But I do like the idea of making stuff technology independant.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aadil

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers