Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Venture Template - unable to save template changtes

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Haven't made changes for a little while to the venture template but it appears that since I upgraded to the latest Joomla Update 3.4.1 I can no longer save any changes I make to the Template. I have been trying to add a new folder to the background slideshow and if I click Save or Save & Close, I get the bar across the saying "Message - Saving your changes" but it just hangs on that - doesn't do anything.

Its like the Save and Save Close buttons don't work - but the Close button does work.

My venture version was 1.2.1 and I had the issue - upgraded to 1.3.1 and still getting the issue.
Could it be the new joomla update - or the template. Have heard that some joomla updates have caused buttons to not work - maybe a java error.

Any ideas?
  • Huski
  • 12 Month basic
  • 264 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Have you installed admin tools pro or a component similar to this?

What does the console browser window say as the error?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
This is a checklist we check against

www.joomlabamboo.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=579&id=114065&Itemid=215

Cheers
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi,

I'm sorry to jump in on this topic, but I'm having the exact same problem, and I wanted to add some additional information:

None of the changes in the Venture Template settings are saved on my live site. At first I expected it to have something to do with the Joomla 3.4.1 upgrade, but I had a copy of the same website (still running J! 3.4.0) on localhost (WAMP), and I tested it. Template changes are saved without any problems, both before and after upgrading to J! 3.4.1. I still haven't found a solution.

I'm not using Admin Tools (only Akeeba Backup). I've also tried the "Fix database" option, and cleared both browser and Joomla cache.
  • Johan Wagenheim
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 4 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi

Do you see any error in the browser console window?

Have you tried the steps listed in the thread regarding php memory and execution time?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Only back online tonight. I don't have admin tools pro - not heard of it. What other component might be similar?

Have just gone back in to check browser window for any errors and now its working - haven't touched it in a few days.

Will play around with it more and report if it happens again.
  • Huski
  • 12 Month basic
  • 264 posts
Admin tools pro is an extension produced by Nick at Akeeba at
www.akeebabackup.com/

Extensions that offer security features may be a problem but so far we have only heard about Akeeba being a major issue

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
This theme out of the box is quite amazing for my client's requirement to the extent that I have till now not even bothered with the template configuration.

I tried changing the social icon information and enabling and disabling some social icons with different permutations and computations, none seem to be saving as well.

Then I tried tweaking other settings to check whether it is an issue just with what was I trying to do and when it failed as well I search the forum and found this topic.

Needless to say I have this same issue.

On following your advise I wanted to clarify that I have no third party extensions installed as of right now and I have also added the following to the Index.php files in both the index.php file under administrator folder and the main website index.php file:

ini_set('max_execution_time', 300); //300 seconds = 5 minutes
ini_set('memory_limit','256M');

To no avail, its still not working. Please Help!
  • Ankush
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 10 posts
Hi

Are you using the latest version of the template?

Do you see any error listed in the browser console window when you try and save in the admin?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I receive no error, in fact it says "Changes saved"
I am using the latest version v1.3.1
  • Ankush
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 10 posts
Hi Ankush,
Can you create a ticket with J login details so we can see what's causing this?
Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I've discovered what's causing this problem (at least in my case), because I had the same issue with another JoomlaBamboo template (Boost).

The problem was that I had an "index.html" file in my Joomla root directory. During development, I often add a "Coming soon" message in this file, because this file is loaded before "index.php".

I have no idea why this would prevent me from saving my template settings, but as soon as I removed the file all template settings worked perfectly again.

Maybe this is a bug in the Zen v4 framework? BTW I'm using version 1.3.2.

Edit: Sometimes after trying to save, parts of my Coming soon-page was displayed on top of my admin area. That's what gave me a clue about the cause of the problem.

joomlabamboo.jpg
  • Johan Wagenheim
  • 4 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Johan Wagenheim. Reason: Added image
Hi Johan,
Yes sorry about that - we have a fix coming out for that shortly. I saw that earlier this week and have been waiting on another fix before I released an update.
Thanks!
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johan Wagenheim
We've just run into the same issue. Has the fix been released yet or am I better off trying Johan's solution?
  • Douglas Young
  • 12 Month basic
  • 30 posts
Are you using the latest version?

I'm not sure if we got to the bottom of this

I would suggest if you are using Johan's solution

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers