Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Some CSS/layout issues with Zentools2

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

few questions regarding Zentools 2
1) Hi, it seems I am having issues using Zentools 2 with Focus 2 template. It doesn't show for example gallery in Lightbox slideshow (suppose to have small gallery under main image, right?).

Example here:
moments.redlinia.com/portofolio/portraits

2) When using Zentools 2 as images gallery, and enable to show for example, module in below winner position, its stretched all over content, as you can see here:

moments.redlinia.com/portofolio/urban-photography

Backstretch Slideshow has a settings for Lightbox to show, but it doesn't fires, is it the way suppose to be ?

3) Would be possible apply same flat style to social icons or lightbox images as Zen Social module to align with the theme?
In most cases social icons doesn't shows up on image gallery?? And

Also, is it possible for example add option/feature to have color thumbnail go B/W on hover, versus black or white only? Or apply CSS rule?
  • Eugene
  • 12 Month basic
  • 70 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

1) Do you mean thumbnails beneath the main image?

2) If you change from a backstretch slideshow to a different slideshow layout does that solve that issue?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
1) yes, with Zentools v1, there is a thumbnail row below Lightbox, and I assume it should be same with Zentools v2. It seems hidden,
2). No, it doesn't help if I switch to grid or other types. But it helps if I switch to Zentools v1
See difference:

Example A) - Zentools v1: Grid layout
moments.redlinia.com/portofolio/landscapes. Module in main content and "belowwinner" positions are shown properly

Example B) - Zentools V2: Grid layout

moments.redlinia.com/portofolio/events-people

I am using {loadposition} to load modules.

Zentools has the following settings (see attached screenshot), where Gallery enabled, and all Social icons as well, but they are not shown on live example, (b)
Attachments:
  • Eugene
  • 12 Month basic
  • 70 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi

At the moment thumbnails aren't implemented in zentool2 on lightbox galleries I'm afraid - I think relating to improving performance
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Ok, got it. What about belowwinner module issue?
  • Eugene
  • 12 Month basic
  • 70 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Eugene,

The backstretch slideshow is designed to fill the width of the parent container. So the slideshow will always stretch to fill the width of the page.

So what you have is an image at 100% and the height is 600px as set in the module settings.

If I have misunderstood the issue please post a screenshot with some arrows so I can see what you mean.
Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
There are different issues there, but last I meant issue where content (custom html) located in "belowwinner" positon not shown correctly if Zentools2 module on same page. Red background only suppose to be on abottom, while it somehow goes all the way to the top almost under main menu position. If I lad Zentool v1, it shows perfect
  • Eugene
  • 12 Month basic
  • 70 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Ah yes sorry I missed that.
Can you add this to your custom.css file:
#below-inner {clear:both}

Ive added this to the template and it will be released in the next update.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thank you! Will do. Last question about Zentools2, I can see there is an gallery under light box, but it not visible. I can click there under Lightbox and it switch images, but actual thumbnail is not shown.
Also it is possible to control spacing between thumbnails in for example regular Slideshow layout? Compare with v1. version 2 has quite a large spacing between thumbnail, I prefer when its only few pixels between, tiny border only?
  • Eugene
  • 12 Month basic
  • 70 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi,
I don't really understand what you mean. The thumbnails change the image in the slideshow but if the lightbox is open you are clicking the overlay and not the thumbnail images underneath the slideshow. As Paul mentioned above there are no thumbnails available in the lightbox as yet.

Re thumb spacing. This is because in v2 the thumbnails act as a carousel. So in the module settings you need to specify the number of images to display for the pagination - there are three options depending oin the screensize you want to target. So just set that number to something high and the carousel will handle the rest.
Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Got it, thank you!
  • Eugene
  • 12 Month basic
  • 70 posts
  • 1 Thanks

Good luck with the site

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers