Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Moving my site to Focus2

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hey guys,

I've just changed to Joomla 3.4 and downloaded the Focus2 template. I'm trying to get my site (sweet-adversity.com) set up substantially like it was before and am having several problems that my meager skills have so far been unable to fix.

The first is that I can't get the content to display correctly. I've tried regular and Onepage modes. In Onepage the logo displays correctly over the navbar and the slideshow works, but the content pushes up to the top of the page (this happens on all inside pages as well).

ss2.jpg

In regular (non-Onepage) mode the content stays below the navbar and remains within the confines of the slideshow (no blue background) but the navbar misaligns and the slideshow images are huge (I assume because the image scrolls with the content rather than the content just scrolling over it).

ss2.jpg

(I hope the screenshots work.) Anyone got any suggestions for how to resolve this problem. I don't really care whether I use Onepage or not (please let me know if I should). I just want stuff to line up and the slideshow to work.

My other big problem is that my old site used the left column position. Is there no way for me to put modules over to the left of my content? If so I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction for accomplishing that. If not, I suppose I could put links to those modules in the navbar with dropdown menus, but that functionality seems to depend on the Onepage mode so I'd need to get that to work.

Any help you guys can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bob Camp
  • RobertCamp
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 155 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Sorry, that first screenshot should be,

ss1.jpg
  • RobertCamp
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 155 posts
Hi

Can I just check are you using the latest version?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

I'm using Joomla 3.4.1 if that's what you mean. I just downloaded the Focus2 template about a week ago. I haven't checked to see if there's an update.
  • RobertCamp
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 155 posts
Hi Bob,

Can you download and install the latest template version - so we are working from the same page so to speak

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 11 months ago by manh.
Okay, I just installed the latest Focus2. Same behavior as before.

I've also noticed a couple other quirks. When not in Onepage mode, first visit to the site or refreshing the site results in the navbar misalignment I described in my first post. But upon clicking on the logo or returning to the Main page from within the site the navbar aligns itself correctly (though the slideshow images are still huge). Also, checking a couple of the pages that are fairly short seems to confirm that the slideshow images are enlarging to the size of the content of the page.

Another funky thing is that after returning from fullscreen the content doesn't return to its original position on the page, it drops way down. This happens both in Onepage mode and not.

Let me know if any other info is needed.

Thanks again,

Bob
sweet-adversity.com
  • RobertCamp
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 155 posts
Hi Bob,

I've asked Anthony to take a look at this thread when he comes back from a conference - sorry for the delay

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks, Paul.

Bob
  • RobertCamp
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 155 posts
Sorry for the delay on a reply I need to ask Anthony regarding the slideshow

I will get back to you as soon as possible

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Bob,
Apologies for the delay.
I'm pretty sure I fixed the spacing issue in a previous update.
Whats the number of the version you are using?

Changelog is here:
docs.joomlabamboo.com/joomla-templates/focus2-changelog
Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,
Sorry for the reply delay (oral surgery - big fun). Just getting back in the swing.
Anyway, I'm using v1.3.3.

Bob Camp
  • RobertCamp
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 155 posts
Sorry Bob we seem to have missed this post - how are you doing?

Sending you our best

How is the website?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

You must have ESP. I just got back to working on the site yesterday. I'm trying to leave behind my expectations of making it work exactly as it did before and take advantage of some of the qualities of the new template.

However I am still having some very fundamental problems. As I mentioned in the beginning, I can't get the main page to display the logo, the modules and the main content on top of the slideshow correctly.

sweet-adversity.com

If I use the OnePage function:
the modules move up to a good position and the slideshow photo displays at the correct size, but the logo ends up under the banner (though clicking on the logo brings it back up), the main content drops way down and the slideshow photos tile.

If I don't use OnePage, then:
the logo displays better but the banner is now misaligned (clicking on the logo realigns it), and the main content moves up closer to the modules, but the slideshow photos are way too big and the modules have dropped down too far.

In both cases there is a white strip across the page (though in different places). Some of this differs from my original post, but I have to assume that's because I've been playing around with the front page content.

Last I checked I was using the latest versions of Joomla and Focus2.

There is a lot more that I have to work on, but I think if I can get the architecture of the main page set the rest will begin to fall in line - with continued help from you guys.

Hopefully I've explained things clearly. Let me know if you need screenshots or access of any kind. And thanks for getting back to me.

Bob
  • RobertCamp
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 155 posts
Hi Bob,

With the logo I can see an empty paragraph which is adding space - is that intended?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
It's not intended. I don't even know where it is. I recently had to replace my operating system and haven't reloaded Firebug.

Might I have a module or some sort of grid arrangement enabled that could be responsible for that?

Bob
  • RobertCamp
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 155 posts
Hi Bob,

The line is the divider between different rows of content

#grid2wrap {border-top: 0;}

Can you open a ticket so we can help you there

For now don't add the line of css

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks, Paul. I'll open the ticket. But I'll be gone for three or four days so may not get to implementation right away.

Bob
  • RobertCamp
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 155 posts
No worries

When you are ready

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers