Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Admin Tools Pro and JHackguard

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

I thought a post on these might be helpful to anyone else who meets template compile problems and has either of these two components installed - Admin Tools or jHackguard

I know Anthony has referred people to issues around Admin Tools in the past. The quickest way to get on with your work if you don't understand all the settings is to disable the component in Joomla management tools while you are making template changes and re-enable once you have completed the edits you want to make.

JHackguard which comes free with some Softaculous installs will not allow you to save scripts to your headers (for example Google authentication scripts). What it does is to strip out the <script></script> from the code.

Again, the quickest solution is to disable the plugin while you add the scripts, remembering that , if you re-enable jHackguard, it will strip them out again at a later stage. I have asked the maker to provide a settings guide. Help with the plugin is really hit and miss.

If I do get further information, I will add to the post, but hopefully this one will mean you don't spend fruitless hours trying to work out what is going wrong if you do find this post.

Best wishes

Richard
  • richarddhill
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 193 posts
  • 3 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Thanks Richard - appreciate the post :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi,

I promised an update when I got one. It turns out there are updates to the plugin which has now become a "component" and which allows you to edit and manipulate each individual setting of the extension. It also has a fine-grained per user and per group filtering option, which allows you to exclude certain users and groups from being checked by the plugin

The files are provided at GitHub:

The latest version is always available at Github here:

github.com/pfire/jhackguard

and the installation package URL is:

github.com/pfire/jhackguard/raw/master/pkg_jhackguard.zip

We have not been through all of these yet, so maybe I am posting too early. Any problems we will let everyone know.

Richard
  • richarddhill
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 193 posts
  • 3 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: manh
Thanks Richard,

I didn't know about it being a component

I'll check it out over the weekend

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers