Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Updating Responsive Template to manage front end editing

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Friends,

I am totally in love with the latest Joomla revision that makes front end editing so easy and great. I'm going back and enabling it in all my sites by providing an Authorized User Log In connection in the hidden menu and disabling the ability for the public to register; but have run into a snag with one site running Responsive 1.2.7

I understand that an update of the template will be required. My question is if I install Responsive2, whether all the formatting, etc, including the custom css will translate directly without having to go back in and do a lot of fussing.

Truly, this update is the greatest! My clients can make minor changes and I don't have to worry they are going to mess up the back end settings! And they don't have to be so scared about making minor edits themselves.

Many thanks -- I am also totally loving the new templates! So fast, so elegant, so easy to customize. I doubt I'll ever wander from Rasa2, I've done 4 sites using it now.
  • swellking
  • 12 Month basic
  • 420 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

The settings would need to be added to the new template version - also the custom css would need to be transferred

I can't really say either way regarding if the custom css will apply

I'd suggest cloning the site and working externally on the new site

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers