Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

SQL error upon updating to 3.7.1

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I updated Joomla to 3.7.1 and got the following SQL error message:

Warning
JInstaller: :Install: Error SQL Duplicate entry '458' for key 'PRIMARY'
Files Update: SQL error file DB function failed with error number 1062
Duplicate entry '458' for key 'PRIMARY'
SQL =
INSERT INTO `#__extensions` (`extension_id`, `name`, `type`, `element`, `folder`, `client_id`, `enabled`, `access`, `protected`, `manifest_cache`, `params`, `custom_data`, `system_data`, `checked_out`, `checked_out_time`, `ordering`, `state`) VALUES
(458, 'plg_quickicon_phpversioncheck', 'plugin', 'phpversioncheck', 'quickicon', 0, 1, 1, 1, '', '', '', '', 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, 0);

The site seems to be working fine (cityofclifton.com), using Rasa template. But I am concerned there may be a problem I don't understand. Can you tell me if I need to worry about this?

Thanks,
Pat
  • Pat Vanden Bosche
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 81 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Pat,

If you go to extensions > Manage > database

Does it show any issue?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I'm assuming also with your site you have a backup component in place?

e.g. Akeeba

So it backups prior to future Joomla updates

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Yes, I did have a backup and have installed it. However, I am very hesitant to install the latest Joomla version, 3.7.2, since this site was not the only site I had problems with. Does a template need to be upgraded so it works with Joomla 3.7.2? I upgraded to PHP 7.0 for this install too, but that should have helped, not hindered the upgrade.
  • Pat Vanden Bosche
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 81 posts
That sql issue isn't coming from a template

It is coming the Joomla Core

I would if hesitant use dev space to update and keep archived backups of sites on a cloud based backup service or NAS drive
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
(458, 'plg_quickicon_phpversioncheck', 'plugin', 'phpversioncheck', 'quickicon', 0, 1, 1, 1, '', '', '', '', 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, 0);

forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=949825

I'm assuming you have tried what I suggested? (listed in the joomla.org thread as well)
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Regarding

"I upgraded to PHP 7.0 for this install too, but that should have helped, not hindered the upgrade."

With an upgrade to a different php version you need to check all the installed extensions support it e.g. for example

zentools v1 requires the latest version to be used to work properly with php7 this is JB_mod_zentools_J3+_1.14.1

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers