Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Front page disappeared

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

Here's the website: 516arts.org/

Apparently it was hacked, and the front page disappeared. The organization paid for SiteLock to clean the site, and they say that all malware has been removed, but the front page is still not there. Other pages are accessible, such as:
www.516arts.org/index.php/programs/exhibitions

I can't figure out why the front page disappeared - can anyone help?

Also, Bluehost, who I've been using for over 10 years now, has been horrible about this site and a couple others which were hacked. Does anyone have suggestions for other web hosts that are good for Joomla, and suggestions as to how to avoid hacks like this?

Thanks,
Melody

Edit: I turned on error reporting and got this, but I don't know what to do about these messages:

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home3/fivones4/public_html/516arts/plugins/system/SEOSimple/SEOSimple.php on line 24

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 26044 bytes) in /home3/fivones4/public_html/516arts/modules/mod_zentools/includes/imageresize.php on line 76
  • AllegroMelody
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 534 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by AllegroMelody.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Okay, it turns out that my client had uploaded a bunch of HUGE image files without sizing them down for website. I went in and fixed all of the images, and the front page reappeared.

I guess I need to seek out some kind of module that I can install that will automatically resize images (like when we upload to Facebook, etc.).

So website is working again, but I still plan to abandon Bluehost and would appreciate suggestions for good Joomla hosts.

thanks
Melody
  • AllegroMelody
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 534 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Melody

For image resizing take look at this plugin
www.s2software.it/en/download/joomla-image-resize-cache

On jed
extensions.joomla.org/extension/resize-image-on-the-fly-and-cache

Needs some setup but can help control client images in many cases.

Ian
  • iafdesign
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 393 posts
  • 153 Thanks
For hosting Siteground are well respect for Joomla depending on requirements and location.

In the UK we use TSOHOST, very helpful, reliable and honest.

Hope that helps
Ian
  • iafdesign
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 393 posts
  • 153 Thanks
Thanks Ian for the extension and I'm book marking the host :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers