Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Modification on sidebar1 width, all content disappears

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I made some modification on custom.css to have a little more width in sidebar1 position. I made it like this:
.zen-pull-8
{ left: -61.1% ; }
.zg-col-2, .one-sixth
	{ width: 17.4% ; }
.zg-col-8, .two-thirds
	{ width: 58%; }

The width of the sidebar1 is okay now, only I created another problem with this modification:
If there is no content ( an published module ) on sidebar2 position, all content disappears…. I guess I mixed up the width too much of sidebar1 – maincontent – sidebar2 by this modification on custom.css….
Is there a way to adjust the width through a correct css tag that keeps the current width and content if there is no module in sidebar2 published?

It’s al published here
  • janthuis
  • 12 Month basic
  • 11 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Can I just check you have tried dragging the widths around to increase and decrease the widths?

"that keeps the current width and content if there is no module in sidebar2 published"

- I'm not quite sure what you mean

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paulus
What I mean is like this: for now on sidebar2 position is a menu-module published. If I unpublish that module, all content in sidebar1 and maincontent will disappear also. Normaly the content in sidebar1 and maincontent should be visible if sidebar2 has no module published in it.
I would like to keep the content in sidebar1 and maincontent if sidebar2 has no module published.

Kind regards,
Jan
  • janthuis
  • 12 Month basic
  • 11 posts
Hi Jan,

Does content disappear after your changes or before you do anything?

Are you able to display a page that is broken?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
With the template styles, what layout does the default template use?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paulus
I just sent you some login-details through the ticket system, I hope you receive them?
In /administrator please navigate to extensions >>> modules and find the module "Werkgevers" in sidebar2 position. It's a menu-module with ID = 94.
If you unpublish that module for a few moments you can see on the front-end that all modules on sidebar1 position disappear also.

Thanks for your time and help,
Jan
  • janthuis
  • 12 Month basic
  • 11 posts
Hi Jan,

I've commented out the line you added to ensure the total width isn't above 100% this shows the sidebar now

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul
Thank you! Indeed, the sidebar1 is now always visible, independent from modules in sidebar2 position.
But is there a way to get a little more width in sidebar1? It should just touch the grey vetical line between sidebar1 and maincontent.
Therefore I added the out-commented css line to get some more width in sidebar1. Is there a better solution?

Kind regards,
Jan
  • janthuis
  • 12 Month basic
  • 11 posts
Hi Jan,

The easiest way would be to add a new template style with a different width of the sidebar and assign that to the relevant pages

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers