Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Rasa2 - nested tables

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

HI again,

I'm having a difficulty with nesting tabs using the template and the Joomla core loadposition plugin.

I have tab set #1 loading a custom module position as used in the Rasa2 documentation. Inside tab #2, I have a nested set of tabs, using a second module position.

Only the first tab from tab set #2 loads, other tab modules are not displayed.

You can see this in the direct link to the page:http://dev3.clearmind.com/become-a-counsellor/prospective-students-vancouver-campus.html

Select the second tab - "Curriculum & Calendar", you will see a second set of tabs, with only one tab showing - "PRAC 1".

Thanks for all you help with my MANY requests. you people are fantastic!
  • Steve Pritchard
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 97 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

I'm slightly confused on what you are trying to achieve

When you say tabbed modules do you mean zentool filters / a tab based module or is it that you want more than one custom module content to display in a tab singluar?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I'm attempting to replicate what you have on this page of the Rasa2 demo site:
http://demo.joomlabamboo.com/index.php?theme=nov14

About half way down you'll see "A tab module / a tabbed module" with this description -
"This is a custom html module published to the tabs position. Tabbed layouts like this can easily be added by publishing multiple modules to the tabs position."

For both tab set #'s 1 & 2, I created a new module position and added modules to it. the modules are set to view on a specific page. Then I called tab module position #1 within my article. It works like a charm.
I thought I might be able to display nested tabs by repeating the procedure but using a separate custom module position. Unfortunately it only displays Set #2 Tab #1 out of the 3 tabs in that set.

I tried to add a visual representation of the look I'm going for but text doesn't work so well. Will create and attach a doc.
NestedTabs.jpg
  • Steve Pritchard
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 97 posts
Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Steve Pritchard. Reason: attachhed image
Hi

Bit late here so my apologies are you trying to nest tab functionality inside other tabs?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
that's correct Paul!

I also tried a third party plugin that provides nested tab functionality within it's functionality. It has the exact same issue with the nested tab set. The third party plugin has since been removed as I only used it to test for this problem.
  • Steve Pritchard
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 97 posts
As far as I'm aware nest tabs using js can't work together e.g. tabs inside tabs

With the demo page are we referring to?

bambootheme.com/showcase/nov14/template-features/module-overview/using-module-classes
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
aah, thank you for the info Paul. I assumed it was a template issue as even a third party plugin that was purpose designed for that didn't work.

Yes the example you show IS the effect I'm looking for, with another level of tabs inside the visible set.
  • Steve Pritchard
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 97 posts
Right

so the example is a combination of the Joomla core pagebreak plugin using tabs as the presentation style

combined with 4x modules loaded using loadposition and all having the module style of zentabs
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Module style in found in the advanced tab of the individual module settings

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks Paul! Appreciate the help.
  • Steve Pritchard
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 97 posts
You're welcome

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers