Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

How to make Rasa2 HikaShop Product Image retain image height?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I am wondering if there is a way to make the Product view in the HikaShop product pages retain the images original height ratio?

Basically the image is being resized to fit within a specified width, which I want, but the images are also being cropped to a set height. I would like to NOT crop the height.

Here is an example:
www.veggievore.com/dvd/why-we-do-what-we-do

The image that shows is an image that is the front cover of a DVD which we would like to display in full.

Here is a url with the original artwork:
www.veggievore.com/images/dvdsplash/WhyWeDoWhatWeDo.Front.426x606.web.jpg

I realize now as I am submitting this that this could actually be an issue for Hikashop and not the template because I realized they are actually cropping the image as can be seen here when looking at the path of the cropped image:

www.veggievore.com/media/com_hikashop/upload/thumbnails/400x600fsO/whywedowhatwedo_front_426x606_web.jpg

But, I would like to know your opinion for sure!

Sean
  • scarney
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 896 posts
  • 11 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Sean,
Yes thats the image that is being cropped. The template is resizing it to fit in the parent div so by necessity it's width and height get smaller. Otherwise if the height remained constant you would have a terribly skewed image as the browser window became smaller.

I found Hikashop image ratio / resize stuff a little complicated but I know it's possible to change that so that you have a more consistent or full image.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers