Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Rasa2 file and folder Permissons

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi All have searched the forums but not found any solutions, I have a clean install of RASA2 loaded locally using MAMP and SEQUEL PRO
it all loads up fine..
Then.. I add Akeeba admin tools Or RSFirewall and boom, it tells me that every file and folder is a 777. SO I then use the tools to re set the permissions which it starts to do and eventually it fails with a 500 error

The log:
150527 12:18:28 [ERROR] Missing system table mysql.proxies_priv; please run mysql_upgrade to create it
150527 12:18:28 [ERROR] Native table 'performance_schema'.'events_waits_current' has the wrong structure
150527 12:18:28 [ERROR] Native table 'performance_schema'.'events_waits_history' has the wrong structure
150527 12:18:28 [ERROR] Native table 'performance_schema'.'events_waits_history_long' has the wrong structure
150527 12:18:28 [ERROR] Native table 'performance_schema'.'setup_consumers' has the wrong structure
150527 12:18:28 [ERROR] Native table 'performance_schema'.'setup_instruments' has the wrong structure
150527 12:18:28 [ERROR] Native table 'performance_schema'.'setup_timers' has the wrong structure
150527 12:18:28 [ERROR] Native table 'performance_schema'.'performance_timers' has the wrong structure
150527 12:18:28 [ERROR] Native table 'performance_schema'.'threads' has the wrong structure
150527 12:18:28 [ERROR] Native table 'performance_schema'.'events_waits_summary_by_thread_by_event_name' has the wrong structure
150527 12:18:28 [ERROR] Native table 'performance_schema'.'events_waits_summary_by_instance' has the wrong structure
150527 12:18:28 [ERROR] Native table 'performance_schema'.'events_waits_summary_global_by_event_name' has the wrong structure
150527 12:18:28 [ERROR] Native table 'performance_schema'.'file_summary_by_event_name' has the wrong structure
150527 12:18:28 [ERROR] Native table 'performance_schema'.'file_summary_by_instance' has the wrong structure
150527 12:18:28 [ERROR] Native table 'performance_schema'.'mutex_instances' has the wrong structure
150527 12:18:28 [ERROR] Native table 'performance_schema'.'rwlock_instances' has the wrong structure
150527 12:18:28 [ERROR] Native table 'performance_schema'.'cond_instances' has the wrong structure
150527 12:18:28 [ERROR] Native table 'performance_schema'.'file_instances' has the wrong structure
ERROR] Incorrect definition of table mysql.proc: expected column 'comment' at position 15 to have type text, found type char(64).
I assume I have set up somethingwrong but not being a wizzard with MySQL or PHP I could really do with some clear help.
thanks
I am loading MySQL (not lite?)

Should have said Sequel Pro is saying MySQL 5.5.42 and PHP is 5.4.39
Thanks
  • Harlequin
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 206 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Harlequin.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

I'm not a mac user I'm afraid but do you get the same on other Joomla Bamboo template installs?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul
Sorry for the delay in replying. This has been a bit of a slog to find info BUT.
So far and with help from our friends at OST the MAMP Pro has to be set as below before installing template, it's too late to do the changes after as I have found out.
On checking we found
"Directory index forbidden by Options directive"

So In MAMP Pro, go to:
1) Hosts
2) Extended
3) check Indexes
4) Apply
5) Restart MAMP Pro

then retry installing the extension or as I did the rasa2 installation. First job is to fix database as there are a number of errors, then correct permissions there are MANY so it may take some time.
A few points.
The "indexes" doesn't always stay "checked" (ticked) so watch out for that, I had to swith servers off and even cloes MAMP Pro to get this to stick.
Akeeba admin tools looks like it fails to load but when you go back and reload it works fine.
I have yet to install RSfirewall which was a sticking point but I am making progress. If I find any more info or have to do other changes I will post them here. If anyone knows if it's possible to sort file permissions out on instal with MAMP Pro I would appreciate the help.
Thanks, Tony
  • Harlequin
  • 206 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Hi Tony,
Thanks for posting this and glad you made your way through it.

Was this a Joomla wide issue or just related to our themes?

I personally use that same setup and really hate doing an upgrade on mamp. Permissions and my extra libraries have a tendency to misbehave shortly afterwards.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony. Actually i think its a MAMP Pro set up, compounded by the files being on a NAS and not in the app on main system drive (I'm guessing) It appears that all the files go in as 777 and without indexes ticked it throws errors when you try to install plugins and components. Haven't tried enough others to say what core issue is but the 777 needs to be sorted out with MAMP or I am convinced it will continue to occur. After the install with indexes ticked make sure to "fix" dtabase as this was an issue too before fixing permissions with admin tools.
At the moment things look OK and I will add firewall RSJoomla shortly so I may still have issues. The Admin tools needs to be loaded twice without deleteing the first install. Similar issue with Akeeba back up but once the token key is applied and updates checked all works fine.
I contacted MAMP support and got a response of "you have a lot going on here" but no solution. OST helped a lot.
And as always you guys are always supportive so thanks.. it gets lonley out here when things go wrong :)
If any other issues arrise around this I'll post here including solutions if they are forthcoming.

Thanks again for the support
  • Harlequin
  • 206 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Thanks Tony. I had permission issues a while back actually. I would pack up a template and then install it on cpanel and all of the files were unwritable. Pretty sure I just used the Disk Utility to fix the permissions (in osx) Might be worth doing if you havent done so already.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Ok Thanks, Can you specify this in disk utility or just run on the Joomla install?
  • Harlequin
  • 206 posts
  • 2 Thanks
In the osx Disk Utility just run verify permissions. It should reset any that have gone awry. It might not be the issue but it will help :)

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks I'll give it a go.
  • Harlequin
  • 206 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Good luck - if you could let us know how you get on that would be great :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Will do
  • Harlequin
  • 206 posts
  • 2 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: manh
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers