Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Rasa 2 and Bootstarp 2

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

I'm testing your template Rasa 2 as my template for new project which will heavily use Fabrik's forms and lists. One of important features is responsiveness. As I tested template Rasa 2 Bootstrap 2 for desktop view is implemented quite good. OK, there are missing icons and little styling faults. But on other views like tablet and phone is a total mess.
So, how would I implement entire Bootstrap 2 into template Rasa 2? Is there some tutorial or quick guide how to accomplish this?

There are 2 screen-shots attached. On first it is form with Protostar template and on second is same form with Rasa 2 template.

bootsrap-2-protostar.jpg

bootsrap-2-rasa2.jpg
  • Stefan Karba
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 8 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Both of which are Fabrik forms?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Both are the same form, created with Fabrik 3.2. On first screen-shot with applied Protostar template and on second with applied Rasa 2 - Bootstrap 2 template.
  • Stefan Karba
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 8 posts
Do you have this on a live site or just testing locally?

I've not used Fabrik myself

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
For now I'm just testing it locally. Will put it online in a near future.

All Fabrik version 3.2 styling is based on Bootstrap 2. It seems to me that not whole Bootstrap 2 is implemented in the Rasa 2 template. Especially not styling for viewports of smaller screens and glyphicons. Or is there some different classes names. Have a look into theme.eggplant-bootstrap2.php and theme.eggplant-bootstrap2.css files when I'll have some more time.

Cheers
  • Stefan Karba
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 8 posts
I've put it on-line here, so you can see issues with responsiveness mainly for phone and other styling issues. I created menu links for simple form and list with bootstrap 2, bootstrap 3 and protostar template. If you need admin access I can send you login details.

Cheers
  • Stefan Karba
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 8 posts
Last Edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Stefan Karba. Reason: typo
Hi Stefan,
Thanks for posting this.
Under the bootstrap settings in the theme panel do you have all of the bootstrap elements enabled?

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi, Anthony

Yes. For template Rasa2 - Bootstrap 2 under Template options -> Bootstrap all elements are checked. Would send you admin access details to PM but don't know how.

Cheers
  • Stefan Karba
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 8 posts
I see now that css is only partially compiled from bootstrap 2 files. All responsive styling is compiled from ZGF4 and as result we get some strange mix of code. On smaller mobile screens main menu have some strange behaviour and is not usable. With ZGF4 template I also don't get it how to properly use this menu. Is this template actually in some early beta stage?
  • Stefan Karba
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 8 posts
Hi Stefan,

Ah that feedback helps a lot. I have been workign with BS3 for so long I forgot that Bs2 compiles the responsive stuff separately. Ill get a fix for this by the end of the day.
Thanks!
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi, Anthony

Don't hurry because of me. I have time. :) Anyway, it is nice to hear that things can be sorted in near future.

Thanks
  • Stefan Karba
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 8 posts
Hi Apologies for the delay.
Can you try the attached to see if it fixes the situation?
Thanks
Attachments:
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi, Anthony

Thank you for helping me with this issue. I've applied attached patch, cleared cache, compiled less to css and forced cache refresh in browser but I see no difference. You can see it here: rasa.freesite.host/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&formid=1&Itemid=413 and here: rasa.freesite.host/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=1&Itemid=414

But it is no problem at all for me. Your templates are beautiful and I will use one of them on my next project for sure. Because my current project is heavily based on Fabrik and I'm in hurry I already found template from Yootheme Nano3 that is fully compatible with Fabrik out of the box. So for this project I will rather use that template as I haven't much time for styling corrections.

Thank you for your assistance and "see" you next time.

Regards, Stefan
  • Stefan Karba
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 8 posts
Last Edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Stefan Karba.
Hi Stefan,
Sorry about that.

I think I may have to install Fabrik to test this. My change should have added the responsive stuff to the theme but perhaps there is something else at play here.

Best of luck with your project.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers