Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Rasa2: More formatting issues

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Following up with my last message with a few more format issues with the new Rasa2 template.
Once more, old website: 516arts.org
New in progress: 516arts.org/516artsNEW/UPGRADE3

Issues:
1. When the website loads, there is a dark gray background that shows briefly before the white template loads. I can not figure out how to get rid of this.

2. ZenTools Grid: See this page:
516arts.org/516artsNEW/UPGRADE3/index.php/store/gift-shop
(Also on several other pages on my site, including Archives
516arts.org/516artsNEW/UPGRADE3/index.php/programs/archives )
- The images/article links are not all in the grid - there are some blank spots which seem to happen when there is perhaps a longer title under the image? Attaching a screenshot of this.
- Also, I would like for the titles to be closer to their images (as in the old website) but can not figure out how to do that. Example here: 516arts.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=195&Itemid=153

3. ZenTools Carousel
Front page of website - there is too much white space, and I would like to reduce the space between: Module title (Exhibitions, Events etc.) & thumbnails; between title & text (dates); and between the dates and the next module (Events, Murals, etc.).

FYI - I did install the most current Rasa2 files earlier today.

Thanks,
Melody

StoreScreenshotZenGrid.jpg
  • AllegroMelody
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 534 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
It seems that some scripts and images are not loaded properly. Did you create a new theme?

errors see:
Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined 516arts.org/:1 Uncaught

SyntaxError: Unexpected token < 516arts.org/516artsNEW/UPGRADE3/templates/rasa2/images/sepHor.png

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
516arts.org/516artsNEW/UPGRADE3/templates/rasa2/images/leftDivider.png Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

What you can do:
- install the latest version of zentools
- clean all cache files from the back end.
- check the proper setting in zentools (grid settings, image resize? , crop? etc )
- if this not change the display, try to create a new zentools module at the same position ( with the same settings.)
  • Bert de Boer
  • Free Extensions
  • 229 posts
  • 25 Thanks
Hi :)

Can I just check did you upgrade all the template files?

You can just upload the new template version via the standard installer - taking a backup first

I thought some of those issues were addressed in the latest update

Cheers
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Grid layout wise its the uneven height of the text length

Do you use this layout elsewhere in the site?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi,

This is a migration from Rasa with Joomla 1.5 to Rasa2 with Joomla 3.3. I did use the new Rasa2 template for this and migrated my content.

1. I'm pretty sure I uploaded all of the new files, but I just tried to upload the template package through the Extensions Manager, and received an error message "An error has occurred. -1 Copy file failed" (I tried it several times and got the same message).
I went through the Changelog list again (docs.joomlabamboo.com/joomla-templates/rasa2-changelog) and confirmed that the dates on those files in my folders are from yesterday. The only discrepancy is this one, which I don't see in either my files or in the Rasa2 package: settings/themes/settings.json

2. I do have the latest version of Zentools installed (yesterday)

3. I have cleaned out all cache files

5. Grid problem still exists.

4. Yes, I use this module with the grid throughout the website on different pages (Archives, Watch & Listen, Archives, Gift Shop - perhaps others). Since my client performs updates themselves, it is very possible that their page titles may vary in length.

5. I'm not sure what to do about the errors listed and how they affect the site. I'm hoping to get rid of the dark background when the site loads, fix the grid problem with the Zentools module, and get some help with the spacing with the carousel module on the front page and with the titles under the thumbnails in the grid module.

Thanks!
Melody
  • AllegroMelody
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 534 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Melody,

point one is usually either permissions issues or the wrong path to the tmp folder in global configuration. Are you able to install other extensions successfully?

Rob
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
Yes, I have installed a number of other extensions successfully, including ZenTools, JCE, Akeeba, etc.

Thanks,
Melody
  • AllegroMelody
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 534 posts
  • 1 Thanks
It could possibly be your php upload max filesize value which you can check in system information under the php tab.
The zip is just over 2mb and some hosts set the limit at 2mb.

Also, make sure it is the standalone package and not the quickstart zip - JB_Rasa2_J3+_v1.1
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
I am on Bluehost, and the upload max file size is 10MB.

I did try to upload JB_Rasa2_J3+_v1.1.zip file (not the Quickstart) several times. I did upload all of the files individually that are listed in the Changelog, so I'm assuming that all is up to date as long as the Changelog is correct.

Is there some kind of setting in the Rasa2 template that affects the Zentools grid layout where my thumbnails are not in a grid format? I tried making the thumbnails different sizes but that didn't seem to do anything. I also made different modules with the same result for the grid.

Also, I was thinking that the dark background when loading is a setting that I can change somewhere, as are the spacings for the Zen Carousel on the front page that I would like to edit. I have tried padding, etc. but can't seem to get the space to change. I would like it to look like the front page of old website:
516arts.org

Thanks,
Melody
  • AllegroMelody
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 534 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Melody,

The grid format is being thrown out by the uneven text length

If I suggested a min height for the text it fixes the issue but does the uneven grid crop elsewhere in the site?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

The grid modules that are having the issue are on these pages (basically the same settings in Zentools for the modules):
516arts.org/516artsNEW/UPGRADE3/index.php/programs/archives
516arts.org/516artsNEW/UPGRADE3/index.php/programs/watch-a-listen
516arts.org/516artsNEW/UPGRADE3/index.php/store/gift-shop

We could also use it in other places in the future (perhaps Art for Sale or any new pages), but I think that is it for now.

Thanks,
Melody
  • AllegroMelody
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 534 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Melody,

If you add this line

.zentools.grid .zentitle {min-height: 50px;}

Does that re-align the grids?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,
No, 50px didn't work but 70 did - many thanks!

Can you also please help with these? I've tried very hard to figure out how to fix these things but they have eluded me:
1. the spacing between the title & the image in the grid (needs less space)
2. the spacing between the title & date on the front page carousel (also less space)
3. the fact that the screen loads dark gray before the white template loads (I'd like it to be white so there's less of a visual contrast)

Also, one more problem has surfaced, and I'm sure it's related to something I changed but I can not figure it out - on the carousel modules on the front page, the little right arrow (>) is now on top of the last image or text rather than on the right side, and I can't figure out how to change it back. I don't know what it is called and can't find it through Firebug.

Once I get these last few items sorted, I can finally send this to the client!

Thanks,
Melody
  • AllegroMelody
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 534 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi,

for 1 ( if you are using the img shadow) :put this in your custom

.zenshadow img {
margin-bottom: 0px !important;
}

The other items you can find in de module zentools css I think
  • Bert de Boer
  • Free Extensions
  • 229 posts
  • 25 Thanks
1 & 2

Try adding

.mainwrap .zen-module-body {padding-top: 20px;}

and changing the 20px to a new value

The flash of colour is more problematic as it is actually the colour of the footer and it happens for a scripting reason

I will need to seek advice if it is possible to change this independently of the footer - I don't think this is possible but will need to check

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I should point out 1 & 2 are global changes so you will need to check how this affects other modules

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thank you - these help immensely.

Any advice with the right arrow for the carousel? I have been trying to figure out how to fix it so that it is on the right of the image (as in the original website 516arts.org) but I just can't find out where to change that. I will add a screenshot (see how it is over the "Floyd D. Tunson" title and on the "Street Arts" row above, it is hidden behind the thumbnail image?).

I really need to solve this one!

Thanks again,
Melody
Attachments:
  • AllegroMelody
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 534 posts
  • 1 Thanks
What settings do you have for it?

Can you attach them?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

I'm not sure how I should attach the settings - here is a screenshot of the Carousel settings from the Module Manager?

I think that it might be something in my custom.css file, as I just imported that over from the last template and have added settings to try and get the new one to look like the old one (the custom.css was added just recently; earlier changes to format were made directly in the old css template files). It's a bit of a jumble but you can take a look here:
516arts.org/516artsNEW/UPGRADE3/templates/rasa2/css/custom.css

Will that help?

Thanks,
Melody
Attachments:
  • AllegroMelody
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 534 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Its you code I think

Remove this bit

.es-carousel-wrapper {
padding: 10px !important;
}
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers