Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Social Settings not saving in Rasa2

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Evening all,

I am building a new Joomla 3 site based on the RASA2 template. I have used the JB_Rasa2_Quickstart_J336_v1.0.zip package as a starting point and all has been going well, until I tried to update the Template's Social Settings in Template Manager. The Administrator screen allows me to edit the settings for Twitter, Facebook, Google and Pinterest. However irrespective of the alterations I make, the changes are not saved. When I open the Social Settings tab within Template Manager, the settings appear as they were when the site was set up in the Quickstart process.

Any suggestions would be appreciated - other than try the save button :) Already given that a go.

The server I have the site running on is using apache 2.2.27, php 5.3.28 and MySQL 5.1.73.
  • cite
  • 12 Month basic
  • 7 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi There

Just tried Twitter and facebook and they are saving ok for me

Everything else still saving ok?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Are you able to add the links you are using for the social media?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks for the questions Paul.

Yeah, everything else in the template seems to be saving ok. I've made numerous config changes and they seem to be holding.

As for the social settings, it does not matter whether I change a switch position or make a url/setting change - I am allowed to make the chaneg to the field, however as soon as the successful save messages comes back, the social settings reverts to the original setting.

Regards
Campbell.
  • cite
  • 12 Month basic
  • 7 posts
Could this be a file permissions issue? are the settings stored in the database or in a parameter file somewhere in the template folder?

Regards
Campbell.
  • cite
  • 12 Month basic
  • 7 posts
Hi

Can you add the links you are using but not saving?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks Paul.

An example of the changes is this twitter id - AuthenticallyTS and the following Facebook URL - www.facebook.com/pages/Authentically-Towards-Success/387440531311893

I've dug a bit deeper and have found a few other anomolies within the Template configuration. I can change the default font size from 12 to 14 and that works ok. However when I go in and then change the active link colour in the navbar section to white (FFFFFF), the colour change is made, however the font size reverts back to 12.

Regards
Campbell.
  • cite
  • 12 Month basic
  • 7 posts
Hi Campbell,

Could you create a ticket for the site?

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers