Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

What is the Zen Grid Framework v4?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I noticed that the latest templates and extensions to show up are apparently for the Zen Grid Framework v4 which I am very curious about. Are you about to go back to ZenGrid Framework instead of T3? Or is this an upgrade for those who are using ZenGrid Framework already?
Inquiring minds want to know! :-)
Thanks, Sean
  • scarney
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 896 posts
  • 11 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
OK. I found my answer by reading the blog:
www.joomlabamboo.com/blog/template-news/something-new-is-coming

I am looking forward to moving back to your framework. What was really funny to me was that I used JoomlArt before I switched to JoomlaBamboo. I did NOT like their framework. But, then they rewrote it completely and you adopted it. I did like that framework better then the ZenGrid framework at the time but was not unhappy with ZenGrid either.

So, now I am looking forward to seeing what you all come up with. :-) My only hope is that as you make the T3 templates able to be switched to the ZenGrid Framework V4 that you will start with Newstream2 and work your way backwards. I want this for purely selfish reasons! I am doing two sites in Newstream2 and I would love to move them to ZenGrid Framework V4.

I also congratulate you on moving toward being able to support WordPress, even though I do not actually use it I sure have been tempted on occasion. :-)

Sean
  • scarney
  • 896 posts
  • 11 Thanks
I am glad to read in the discussions to your blog post that the new ZGF4 will support the MegaMenu concept from T3, just implemented differently. That is something I do like very much! :-)
  • scarney
  • 896 posts
  • 11 Thanks
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by scarney.
Thanks Sean,

Hoping to get the stable version out today.

You can try the Beta on the download page now.
Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I downloaded the beta version and I am loving it. Good job. I will be looking forward to using this as my framework for the future.

The main thing that has me excited is that you will no longer be constrained by the T3 framework when it has bugs. Instead you will be able to promptly and nimbly fix any bugs that occur.

I think you may have to become a much larger company once this is launched! Hopefully not too large. :-)

Sean
  • scarney
  • 896 posts
  • 11 Thanks
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by scarney.
Glad to hear it Sean.
Yes that was the main factor in terms of starting fresh. It's taken some time but it feels like it will give us a lot more control over the code.

Thanks!
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers