Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Presto: problem with layout articles in category blog

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

I noticed the Presto template has a problem with showing articles in category blog layout.

I created 4 fake blogpost articles (see screenshot 1), created a menu option "Blog" and selected as menu type "Category Blog" for it, looking at the articles of the category "Blog" (see screenshto 2).

When I use the standard (global) Joomla settings in the tab "Blog layout" of the menu option "Blog" (see screenshot 3), the articles are shown on top of each other (see screenshot 4).

I fooled around a lot with overriding the standard (global) Joomla settings in the tab "Blog layout", but I can't get it to really show what I enter. Only when I enter the exact amount of articles as leading and/or intro articles (see screenshot 5) then the articles are shown in an acceptable way (see screenshot 6), although I can't get the layout to show more than one column.

And even in the 4 leading/intro articles layout, the line which should be at the bottom of the page is still at the top of the page, right through the title of the first article (compare screenshot 6 and screenshot 7, which is a screenshot of a normal/single page)

Is this a bug in the template or am I overlooking some settings?
  • cannedit
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 12 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Thanks for the info screenshot wise - I will need to check on this on with the developers

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi

Can you backup the site and install the latest template version

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

Ok, I will give that a try.
  • cannedit
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 12 posts
Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by cannedit.
Any problems please get back to us

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

I tried the new v1.0.2 in a fresh Joomla 3.3.6 instance, but - sorry - it still is a mess as you can see in the screenshots attached.

I started with the settings of screenshot no. 1 and that lead to the situation of screenshot no. 2 in the "Dark" version of the template, in which you can hardly see the article titles and the links because of the also dark title/linking color (I haven't found where I can change that yet, I guess I have to dive into the css?), so I have also attached a screenshot of the same situation in the " Light" version of the template.

Unfortunately only the settings of screenshot no. 4 lead to an acceptable layout, which is shown in screenshot no. 5.
  • cannedit
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 12 posts
Hi

Sorry for the problems you are having

Could you create a ticket with joomla and ftp access so we can take a look

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

Sorry, no, can't do that; but I am sure you can reproduce it in any Joomla instance having the Presto template; f.i. I just installed a fresh Joomla v3.3.6 in WAMP server on my laptop, installed the Presto v1.0.2 template, set the template to "use as standard joomla template", added a few blogpost articles in the article category "blog", added "blog" as menu item showing these articles in Category Blog mode, set the main menu in a valid template position via the module manager and I got the same (bad) results ...
  • cannedit
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 12 posts
Hi

Our apologies I thought that this had been fixed and we are looking at releasing this as soon as we can

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers