Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

K2 Images In Item View Not Showing

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello,

I am wondering how to get the K2 images to show in the item view, using the Lifestyle2 template. All other templates I've used allow for these embedded images to show in the item view, but this template doesn't show them, only in the category view. Any pointers appreciated.
  • David Long
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 20 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
You have them set to show in the settings for the category / parent category (inheriting settings from)?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Yes, the K2 settings allow for the showing of images in both the category view and in the item view, but the images do not show in the item view. If I change the default template to something else, then the images will show in the item view okay.

Just to be specific, I have menu items tied to specific K2 categories, and when I click on one of the K2 items in the category view, that is when the item view renders, but without the embedded image.
  • David Long
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 20 posts
Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by David Long.
Hi

Picking a random category from the template - magazine

Once I change the settings on item view options it works

Are you using zenkit? - if so what layout?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

Yes, I do use the ZenTool's Grid layout using a K2 category, and that works well because it is a category view.

I am now trying the Hub2 template, and it has the same issue of item images not showing in the item view, only in the category view.

What did you change in the item view settings to get the images to work?
  • David Long
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 20 posts
So you installed the lifestyle quickstart template with the demo content and switched the template to hub2 but with same demo content?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Well, I never install any quickstart demo content when I try templates, as I am using a live site.
  • David Long
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 20 posts
Right its a bit hard to suggest a setting without knowing the category layout

For instance I normally work with one category as the parent which all the other categories inherit settings from

So I only ever change one lot of settings - thats all what I did with above which was to enable the item image to show
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The same problem came up with Hub 2 template just today, thats why I post the solution that worked for me, after 2 months from last post.

Using Zenkit, setting has to be the same for all item's categories tree (main,parent and inherit) such us common or blog or carousel etc, and not default .

Cheers,
Yannis
  • yannis
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 1 posts
Thanks Yannis :)

Does this help David?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers