Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

lifestyle2 templates

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Where is the front page main menu found to edit or replace stacked page of lifestyle 2 theme?. each menu item is grid1 grid2 grid3...bottom. I would like to make a different menu, and I cannot find this one in modules or menus.

Thank you.
  • rkimmel
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 93 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Do you mean you just want to use the classic home page from the quickstart?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I want to use the one page /home page on the template for the index page of my site and the inside pages for the website. The stacked home page banner, I want to send to 3 separate business for the company. Please see the front page below and the inside pages.

I guess I assumed it was possible to use the front page already made..maybe I have remake it similarly and make it link to my home page. ?

I want
a. the main menu to look like the inside pages of the second like below.
b. the home page to look like the first link and send them to the three different sites of "catering by selene" ( this website) "selenes sweet shoppe " ( an outside link identical template) and porkypetes bbq (outside link copy of identical template)

www.micron492.com/CateringbySelene/
www.micron492.com/CateringbySelene/index.php/about-selene

hope that made sense. I just can't find the "grid one, grid 2 menu anywhere on the back end to turn it off or on or remake it.

thanks,
Rachel
  • rkimmel
  • 93 posts
So it would a case of duplicating templates and websites for different sites/domain names

If you check the documentation on one page templates
docs.joomlabamboo.com/images/templates/lifestyle2/front_page_positions.jpg

You are looking at rows - so its the position on that row you are looking to change add or alter

One page templates don't have external links

If you are looking for module positions check the layout section of the template setting or use source code on the front end of the site to find the positions

And then filter for that position in module manager - e.g. grid1
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
With using the existing layout - assign the one page template to menu links on the site - have you tried doing that? and then duplicating

Rather than creating a new version?

Also those pages are both offline

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Ok- Yes, I finally got it.. For one out of the three companies I did make a new version in a different folder unfortunately.

But when I made their third company a one page site assigned to a menu link like you said, can I assign a different url to it? And just point the DNS settings there? Do you know if all subpages be from that url? even though its in the same folder? 2 different urls in one folder? Same Google analytics code? ( I tried the Google Analytics code, its the same for all templates.

Does that make sense?
  • rkimmel
  • 93 posts
Hey there,

I think thats possible but you probably need to do some htacess trickery and add cname records to domain in question on your server.

Might be best to ask your host to see if it's possible.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers