Support Forum

• Page:

Joomla security warning?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

I use RSjoomla for forms and am very pleased with their services.
I recently got this warning from them via email. Not sure if it is just to sell their firewall or if its a real threat.
A severe Joomla! core security glitch announcement was made a few days ago in connection to a serious Joomla! vulnerability. Thankfully the Joomla! Security Strike Team responded quickly and a solution was rapidly found.

For those of you already using RSFirewall!, you might want to know that you were protected the whole time!

I was wondering what you all had to say about this and is their or anybody else's firewall a good idea...

Cheers

Sean
  • Sean
  • 12 Month basic
  • 207 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Sean,

There is an urgent fix added to the latest Joomla version - please update your sites to the 3.4.5

I will post this to the forum as well - thanks for the reminder

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
www.joomla.org/announcements/release-news/5634-joomla-3-4-5-released.html

Joomla! 3.4.5 is now available. This is a security release for the 3.x series of Joomla which addresses a critical security vulnerability. We strongly recommend that you update your sites immediately. This release only contains the security fixes; no other changes have been made compared to the Joomla 3.4.4 release.
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks Paul
  • Sean
  • 12 Month basic
  • 207 posts
  • 1 Thanks
No problem

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers