Support Forum

• Page:

poor support

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

As a new customer of yesterday. And an old customer of Siteground - 2008
I spoke to Robert Went and was totally blown off - He has offered zero assistance.
Can I get a refund???? :(
  • Reece Baldwin
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 6 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Reece,

I have been trying to help you in the ticket, but you are continually ignoring my advice.

I have explained several times why you are getting the errors you are seeing, and I have explained how to fix them by correctly installing a quickstart package.

If you still have issues then we offer a quickstart installation service. We cannot install quickstart packages for everyone for free, which is what you seem to be suggesting that we do.

Please read my replies in the ticket and follow the steps I have pointed out, or re-read the documentation on how to install a quickstart package.

Whilst we can help you with issues, we cannot install and configure your site for you.
I have tested the quickstart package and it works without any issues.

Regards,

Rob
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Robert Went.
Hi Reece,

We do pride ourselves on our support and we are sorry to hear you are having problems

A quickstart contains the Joomla CMS so it will not work if installed into an existing installation. When installing the quickstart to any siteground hosting account the process is the same.

Create an empty database
You upload the quickstart file to an empty folder
Extract the zip in the cpanel account
Load the domain in the browser and follow the installation steps
During the installation process select the Joomlabmaboo sampledata

The site will then display like the demo site.

If you follow Rob's instructions the site will display via the quickstart.

We always try to help members as much as possible but there isn't any other way of installing a quickstart.

Kind regards,
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Your document does not work with siteground. When Joomla is installed with siteground the joomla install is done automatically - then the default database in MySQL has to be created. So yes your document is busted
  • Reece Baldwin
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 6 posts
Hi Reece,

Thanks for your reply

You would open the siteground cpanel and via the file manager upload the zip file to the relevant folder

While that is uploaded create a database, p/w, privileges etc.

Once quickstart file is uploaded you would extract / unpack the file.

Then load the domain via the browser and run the joomla installation.

You do not need/want to install Joomla via the cpanel installer

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
the config page should have load from the domain name airborndigital.com when we access it form the browser but it does not work as expected
  • Reece Baldwin
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 6 posts
Hi Reece,

Have you wiped any previous installations of Joomla?

and then uploaded the quickstart to an empty folder

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I am on chat with siteground - here is what they are telling me

Kamen G.: That is the thing - the config page should have load from the domain name airborndigital.com when we access it form the browser but it does not work as expected

Reece Baldwin: A quickstart contains the Joomla CMS so it will not work if installed into an existing installation. When installing the quickstart to any siteground hosting account the process is the same. Create an empty database You upload the quickstart file to an empty folder Extract the zip in the cpanel account Load the domain in the browser and follow the installation steps During the installation process select the Joomlabmaboo sampledata The site will then display like the demo site.

Kamen G.: Yes, this is exactly what I did but I believe that there is an issue with the installation package itself since it does not open from the domain name when I extract it

Kamen G.: Please consult with the theme support or download it again and you can test the installations teps again
  • Reece Baldwin
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 6 posts
Kamen G.: Hello, Reece !

Kamen G.: Nice to have you on the Live chat

Kamen G.: How may I assist you

Reece Baldwin: Hello, I am having problems getting my template to install - the template I am using is from joomlabamboo

Reece Baldwin: your site does an automatic install of Joomla and I need to do a manual install of joomla

Kamen G.: I understand the inconvenience. May I ask if you see any particular error message

Kamen G.: It is possible to install the Joomla manually as well if the theme and the Joomla are in one installation package

Reece Baldwin: I don't now because I have removed joomla and re-added it several times

Kamen G.: You will just need to upload it on our server

Kamen G.: and to create a new database for it from your cPanel => Database section => MySQL databases

Reece Baldwin: I have a quickstart package on my public_html folder

Kamen G.: Perfect! Let me check it

Kamen G.: May I ask if you already created database for it

Reece Baldwin: I did not I was just looking at that

Kamen G.: Thank you! I will create one for you but it will take a couple of minutes

Kamen G.: I also see that you already have a default Joomla installation

Kamen G.: May I have your permission to delete it

Reece Baldwin: yes

Kamen G.: Thank you!

Reece Baldwin: In order for the quickstart to work as needed I need to have the quickstart sample data as well

Reece Baldwin: now I get this error - Fatal error: Cannot use Joomla\String\String as String because 'String' is a special class name in /home/airbornd/public_html/libraries/vendor/joomla/registry/src/Format/Json.php on line 12

Kamen G.: Yes, I extracted the package

Reece Baldwin: these are the instructions I was given - Remove the previously installed Joomla version. Create an empty database in your hosting panel. Unzip the contents of the quickstart package. Browse to your site and then follow the installation steps. Install the Joomlabmaboo sampledata during the install steps. The site will then be installed with the content from the demo site.

Kamen G.: Thank you! I will test it again

Kamen G.: May I ask if you have deleted the package since I am not able to see it anymore

Reece Baldwin: i have not deleted anything except deleted joomla trying to figure this out

Kamen G.: It appears that the quick start packages was removed as well. May I ask if you can re-upload it so I can proceed with the test

Reece Baldwin: JB_Corporation_Quickstart_J347_v1.0.zip

Reece Baldwin: i am looking at it in the Public_html right now

Kamen G.: Thank you! Let me refresh it on my end

Kamen G.: I re-extracted it but I get the same error. Usually when the package is extracted there is an installation wizard that starts and you just need to enter the database details in order to complete the installation

Reece Baldwin: what database details -

Kamen G.: I would recommend to download the package again or consult with the theme support in order to check if there is something wrong with the package

Kamen G.: I created a new database for you

Kamen G.: Database name:

Kamen G.: airbornd_sg

Kamen G.: Database user: airbornd_sg

Reece Baldwin: how do i get to that joomla database config page

Kamen G.: and Database password: CApW7P1%E%&9

Kamen G.: That is the thing - the config page should have load from the domain name airborndigital.com when we access it form the browser but it does not work as expected

Reece Baldwin: A quickstart contains the Joomla CMS so it will not work if installed into an existing installation. When installing the quickstart to any siteground hosting account the process is the same. Create an empty database You upload the quickstart file to an empty folder Extract the zip in the cpanel account Load the domain in the browser and follow the installation steps During the installation process select the Joomlabmaboo sampledata The site will then display like the demo site.

Kamen G.: Yes, this is exactly what I did but I believe that there is an issue with the installation package itself since it does not open from the domain name when I extract it

Kamen G.: Please consult with the theme support or download it again and you can test the installations teps again

Kamen G.: As you have not responded for a while now, I guess we have been disconnected. Still, I would like to welcome you back to our Live Chat anytime. Goodbye for now and thank you for choosing SiteGround Hosting Services!

Reece Baldwin: I am in chat with them too

Reece Baldwin: trying to get this figured out as I am getting quite frustrated

Kamen G.: I understand the inconvenience but the issue seems to be with the package. You can consult with the theme support and reach us back if there is something that needs to be done on our end

Kamen G.: Have a great day and feel free to reach us back at anytime!
  • Reece Baldwin
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 6 posts
Hi Reece,

Can I try uploading the site?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
and remove the existing installation content
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Sure what do you need
  • Reece Baldwin
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 6 posts
thanks
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi

I've updated your ticket

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I think the trouble starts when someone uses the Softaculous (or whatever it is) automatic Joomla installer. If working from a plain vanilla default template and data set, uploading a template (not a quickstart), and building from scratch, fine.

If using quickstart DO NOT USE SOFTACULOUS. :blink: Instead, create a website folder and using My SQL Databases in cpanel, create a database (don't forget to connect a fully privileged user, which you may need to create if you haven't done this before) then the Quickstart does all the work for you. Just upload the Quickstart into the folder, unzip in cpanel, then open that folder from another browser window. Follow the few steps and wait for the magic! :cheer:

My shop has been using Siteground (five gogeek accounts!) and JB Quickstarts for many years and have never had an issue.

And have never had anything but better than excellent support from JB, either.
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by blueshift.
Thanks for the post and the nice feedback

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers