Support Forum

• Page:

MijoShop Integration

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

First post, so please bear with me!

We have a project that needs both easy CMS & e-commerce.

We've been developing simple J! sites for a while, and have quite a lot of experience with OpenCart e-commerce, which SME clients love for its clear UI.

There are a couple of OC extensions for J!, but I think MijoShop is the front runner for us.

The site in question needs lots of content and also a shop, and I'm thinking this would work well:

- horizontal menu bar for J!-managed content

- horizontal menu bar for OpenCart-managed content

- somewhat similar to www.lancastersmokehouse.co.uk , but with a second menu bar

...we also like the JoomlaBamboo e-commerce templates! But should we be going else where for this scenario? Has anybody already done this with, say the Ignite template?

We have a very skilled PHP/mySQL/OpenCart guy on my team, I don't have a skilled Joomla! or indeed JoomlaBamboo person.

Should I be outsourcing this project or will it all be easy enough for him to pick up? He'll need to do the ongoing maintenance.

How would you approach this if you were in my shoes?

Thanks,

Bass, UK
  • Bass Stewart
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 14 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Joomla is really an easy CMS to use and learn if you don't have much experience with it so I wouldn't run away from it. MijoShop sounds like a good decision, but maybe you would like to check other shopping cart possibilities

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/e-commerce/shopping-cart

I would focus on those that provide responsive template out of the box which you would then customize to best fit your design needs.
  • mihha
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 711 posts
  • 44 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers