Support Forum

• Page:

If images are not loading with jFlickr...

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I've been trying to get flickr images to display on my site for some time. I tried flickr+highslide and it worked well, and very simply, but blew up when I tried to have more than one area of my site display images. jFlickr seemed to be the answer. I loaded the modules, even followed the nice instructions, but could get nothing to happen.

I did my own api thing with flickr (easy, just click the link, fill out the info, and copy and paste the code it gives you) set everything up perfectly... but no images loaded.

What was wrong? I didn't have jQuery. What's jQuery? Don't worry about it. You need to install "jb library" (which includes jQuery). Where do you get "jw library"? you get it right here on this site, at the bottom of the free extensions list. You can also follow this link www.joomlabamboo.com/joomla-extensions/free-joomla-extensions/

Download that, (jb library), install it, then go to your admin screen, and click on your "plug in manager" and find "System - JB Library". Make this plugin active, and if you want to you can click on the plug in and turn on some nice features such as the "lazy image load" which makes the page load faster by waiting to load images until they are needed on screen. You also have a nice option that can be turned on that activates a "scroll to top" button when you begin scrolling down your pages.

Once you have this loaded, suddenly your flickr images pop right in where they are supposed to be.

Hope that helps someone out there not waste the hour or so that I did searching the internet for what I was doing wrong, before landing right back on this page and finally finding the missing part.

The plug in works well. I'd love to see a "small" "medium" "large" and "original" sizes for the images. Originals are often too big, and "medium" are usually hardly larger than the thumbnail. But all in all, it works really well. Highly recommended.
  • jw15851
  • Free Extensions
  • 2 posts
Last Edit: 14 years 2 months ago by jw15851.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi, you are the master!
:)

A lot of thanks for this post!!
  • karbo
  • Free Extensions
  • 2 posts
Thanks for this post JW, it may well be a help to others setting up jFlickr, so thanks for taking the time to post.

IIRC, the image size restriction is related to the limitations of the Flickr API. I may be wrong though (it is not unheard of!), I am not personally familar with the code.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Yep thanks JW - just made it a sticky so should make it more apparent for those looking for help.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I followed all of these instructions and cannot get my images to load. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Here's the link to my dev site. 209.251.155.107/index.php/youth-main/photo-gallery
  • bludove
  • 2 posts
Hi there,

Its because the scripts are loading in the wrong order.

Can you disable modaliser and then install JB Library to see if that fixes the issue?

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Anyh\ how ,for me ,i usually use .NET imaging SDK,which support to perform some basic imaging functions such as loading image from a file, loading file from .NET graphics, creating a new image, and printing or saving an image to your local disk, and so on
  • Abigail111
  • JB Pro
  • 1 posts
Last Edit: 10 years 7 months ago by manh.
I think most folks would like to stick with a joomla extension

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers