Support Forum

• Page:

Whitespace below FAQ

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi there,

I did read the other two posts regarding white space below the FAQs module but I cannot for the life of me find what the issue could be.

I've used Firebug to try and find an out of place div, checked my articles to ensure there are no weird tags and I've even banged my monitor to make sure it is displaying correctly ;)

I'm using it with the Powerplay template. I have to say, it is much more professional looking than the one I was using which used borders around each title.

dev2.betonicah.com/who-are-we/questions
dev2.betonicah.com/who-are-we/about-the-process

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

Tony
  • betonicah
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 58 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Tony,

You want to loos the space above the quote? That is extra space that is inserted above the quote itself, nothing to do with jb faq. This is in your quote module code:

<p> </p>
<blockquote><p>At the conclusion of the plan in 4 ½ to 5 years, you will be <strong>Debt Free!</strong> </p></blockquote>

Just remove the first line.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Hi Seth,

That line you mention is intentional, I am talking about the extra whitespace that the JB_Faq is creating. If I disable the JB_Faq module the extra space goes away.

A couple of screenshots may help. I zoomed out in Firefox to show the effect. I see this in IE, FF and Chrome and Safari

Cheers,

Tony

image1_2011-04-19.JPG

image2.JPG

image3.JPG
Attachments:
  • betonicah
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 58 posts
Last Edit: 12 years 11 months ago by betonicah. Reason: added browsers tested...
Riiiighht,

now I understand.

That is the height required to display all your FAQ. If you click 'open all' you will see that your questions fill that space.

They are really there all the time, but are just hidden with some script when in the closed position. So the page height is calculated on the real height of the content, i.e. the open state. If it wasn't, when opening the FAQ they would spill off the bottom of the template.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Hi,

Shouldn't the module collapse when all FAQ's are closed and expand to accommodate the content such as the example page on the JB website?

Cheers,

Tony

image-1.JPG

image-2.JPG
  • betonicah
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 58 posts
Yep it should collapse but I think this is an issue with the equal heights script. Powerplay uses equal heights to calculate the size of some columns to get the divider to stretch to the bottom of the page regardless of sidebar or main column length. So its basically calculating the height of the faq in the open position.

Ill add this to the tracker and see if we can get a work around for you.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks Anthony, I couldn't stay away. I ended up going with a JB template for this website after all. Once you go Bamboo, you can't go back I guess!

I appreciate the assistance on this as I now like the look of the JB_Faq better than most accordion style components.

I have quite a bit of work into this site already, but I read somewhere (twitter maybe) you were working on the next template release which was a business theme as well. Any ideas as to its release or any sneak peak pictures?

Cheers,

Tony
  • betonicah
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 58 posts
Hey Tony,

Hoping to have that out today. Ill attach a screenshot for you.

Anthony
Attachments:
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Aw man, if you release this today (which I hope), there goes my evening! I have a meeting with my client tomorrow night and now I am going to have to work my tail off to have two design choices for him. The bar on the right side look phenomenal as does the shading. Nice job.

Cheers,

Tony
  • betonicah
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 58 posts
:laugh:

Yes, I am looking forward to getting my hands on that design myself Tony. I think it will be a winner for business sites.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers