Support Forum

• Page:

Trackback on k2 articel - use and how?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi there,

as traffic increases on a client's site we see a number of trackback requests resulting to 404 requests.

I know that trackback is a feature of blogs and wordpress, but guessed that there might be a good reason not to have it in core and k2. There are also very few extensions.

What is your oppinion and experience? Does one need trackback?

And if, how can one implement it into k2 as the plugin on JED does not support J3?

Thanks a lot
MM
  • MaMuster
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 329 posts
  • 10 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi there,

I actually dont know much about trackbacks. Have you asked over on the K2 forum regarding this?
Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks for your answer.

Yes I did. There is hardly any post.

The only extension I could find is Easy Blog that is offering a kind of ping/trackback feature.
  • MaMuster
  • 329 posts
  • 10 Thanks
Hi MM,

Personally, I always disable this in wordpress as it can lead to sites being included in botnet attacks without your knowledge.

blog.sucuri.net/2014/03/more-than-162000-wordpress-sites-used-for-distributed-denial-of-service-attack.html

They are also used by spammy seo companies to try and get links back to their own websites using automatic scrappers.

wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/49591/shall-i-disable-pingbacks-and-trackbacks-in-my-blog

Regards,

Rob
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers