Support Forum

• Page:

Photogalleries

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi

There is currently a site running (www.wielerfotograaf.be), which shows different competitions in different categories. The goal is to show the name and date of the competitions and each of these "buttons" link to a photogallery.
I'm trying to renew the site in Joomla and choose the 'Responsive'template. Again, I want the name of the competition linked to a gallery. Can anyone recommend an easy way of creating these galleries? I've tried Ozio gallery, but I can't adjust the size of the gallery. Phoca gallery won't install for some reason..

Greetings
Stefanie
  • L&s bvba
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 197 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
With this

"The goal is to show the name and date of the competitions and each of these "buttons" link to a photogallery."

is each photo gallery a different page?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Yes it is!
  • L&s bvba
  • 197 posts
You could use zentools to create rows of images that point to individual pages but it can't currently display category content

I can provide more info if its applicable

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I have used Ignite Gallery component (plus module and plugin) on a number of sites, it will do all you requested and is responsive. It is user friendly and flexible. It has good acl if you need a number of users to upload. You can add styling via css to match your style of just use the default. Image uploads, storage and display are sensibly handled and there is ton of control available. You can also rate and comment on images which may be of use on a competition site, just make sure you tie down security of the site.

www.ignitegallery.com

I have used it for a similar competition photo site/gallery. Have a look at their website, demo and check out on the JED. Well worth the money especially if you need to support users.

You could use Zentools to build the gallery and make it look really great, it is very flexible. What Ignite gives you is backend (and frontend) management component specifically designed to handle galleries of images, so more focused on the task in hand.

Ian (no association with Ignite, just a users opinion)
  • iafdesign
  • 393 posts
  • 153 Thanks
Hi Ian,

thanks for your input :)
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks Ian!
Seems like a great module! I've been testing some extensions like JoomGallery and Simple Image Gallery. They all have their positive and negative points, so I'll just let the client decide. The site will sure look more professional than it does now (created with Serif Webplus) and as it took me 1 hour to upload the photos, things will go a lot faster now!
Ovio Gallery is another option, where you can connect with Google Plus and it automatically integrates the right map and right photos. Too bad it's and Italian forum to ask questions..
Will let you see the result here in a couple of days!
Stefanie
  • L&s bvba
  • 197 posts
Will be interesting to see how it turns out :)
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
So here's a link to the website: www.Wielerfotograaf.be/wielerfotograaf
Still going really slow, because there are 2 sites running on the same address. Some categories aren't the same, because I'll let my client decide on how the galleries should look.

Hope you like it, it's my 2nd Joomla site and still learning :-)

Greetings
Stefanie
  • L&s bvba
  • 197 posts
Not seen that before :)

I'd check out your module settings for

www.wielerfotograaf.be/wielerfotograaf/index.php/nieuwelingen/steenbergcross

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul

Thank for checking this out. If you mean that the width in between the photos isn't always the same, it's because sometimes the photos are landscape and sometimes they are vertical. In fact this has nothing to do with the settings of the module. I don't like this very much, but I can't change the order of the photos neither, because it show the competitions in a logical order..

Stefanie
  • L&s bvba
  • 197 posts
No problem

I think from memory it was the gallery extending outside of the site width - I think :)

Good luck with the site

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers