Support Forum

• Page:

Frankenstein Bamboo (JB Vintage + Focus + Responsive)

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hey everyone,

After a long wait, I'm proud to finally showcase my latest design...

edienow.com

This has been without a doubt my most challenging project to date, and although it's far from perfect, I'm still VERY pleased with the end result!

This site will be the homepage and brand hub for the singer / songwriter Edie. We wanted the site to showcase her talent and beauty without bogging users down with a lot of slow media. Also, the site had to be flexible for the artist so that she can use it to blog regularly.

Exciting Features...

- The foundation of the design is the JB Vintage template. (I liked that this template is almost like a blank slate and didn't require coding things like the sticky member)

- The site features a full screen slideshow similar to JB Focus. However, since Focus doesn't work with the latest Zen Grid, I used it as a guide book for integrating Galleria.js on my own.

- Integrated the SoundCloud Stratus player for streaming music and built a custom toggle switch to allow users to turn the music on or off.

- And finally the jewel of it all... integrated Hashchange functionality to that there are no browser reloads while navigated (IE: no interruption in music playback) yet users can still bookmark individual pages and use the forward / back buttons normally.

Like I said, there is still much to be done in the way of optimizing this site and I'm still convinced that with more education on PHP/MySQL I can start to bring my Joomla designs into more HTML5 standards but that's a fight for another day.

Hopefully you all will love the design and follow Edie's career. I'm biased of course, but I think you all will be hearing a lot from her very shortly!!
  • Counterpoint Studio
  • 12 Month basic
  • 17 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Very nice!
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
Yeah very interesting :) Nice mash up.

Congrats!
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers