Support Forum

• Page:

French fashion site : Strata, Virtuemart, jquery

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello,

We have just published Claire Germain's cloths deigner site : Claire Germain fashion sitewww.clairegermain.com

The site is based on Strata template and a lot of work has gone into customizing Product's présentation with MagicZoom.

Claire Germain creates high quality clothes (Men and Women) and accessories with really affordable prices.

Hope you will like the site...

Feedback is most Welcome ;)

Marc, Atypik Design
  • MARC ICHOU MIRZAYOU
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 17 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Marc,

Very nice job on the site!

One thing I noticed is that you may want to change "Search Engine Friendly URLs" to "Yes" under Global Configuration --> Site (and Use Apache mod_rewrite, if it applies to your server set-up).

John
  • John Sundberg
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 6 posts
Beautiful site. The boxes on the homepage are great. One small thing, but is there a reason for having 2 of the + icons in the bottom right of the photos when the rest are in the bottom left?

You can probably disable the scroll to top script and the lazy load because the most of the pages are above the fold.
  • Matt Hayashida
  • 105 posts
  • 1 Thanks
John Sundberg wrote:
Marc,

Very nice job on the site!

One thing I noticed is that you may want to change "Search Engine Friendly URLs" to "Yes" under Global Configuration --> Site (and Use Apache mod_rewrite, if it applies to your server set-up).

John

Hi John,

Thank's for the feedback. In fact i have installed SH404 to rewrite url's and at first it seemed ok. But there is a bug with Virtuemart if you have child products active (we use it to manage stocks regarding product's sizes): once you choose a product's child (i.e Size), the page refresh's but SH404 strips out a part of of the url so you go back to parent page :angry:

I tried to use Joomla's inner rewrite system with .htaccess active but then i have another problem: i loose the itemid information that allows me to load the menu in bottom left of product's pages...

So to make the story short, i will have to reactivate SH404 and manualy create child products correct url's

Marc
  • MARC ICHOU MIRZAYOU
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 17 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Matt Hayashida wrote:
Beautiful site. The boxes on the homepage are great. One small thing, but is there a reason for having 2 of the + icons in the bottom right of the photos when the rest are in the bottom left?

You can probably disable the scroll to top script and the lazy load because the most of the pages are above the fold.

Hi Matt,

Thank you, this is very encouraging! The point with the 2 "+" positionned diffrently is just a question of white over a light background. I have put them to the right so you can just see them !

As for the "scroll to top" i need it in "mon univers" and "comment ça marche" as when you click on "show details" after the intros, you have the pages unfolding. For the "lazy load" you are right but the client just like's the visual effect :)

In the next version of the site, i will have to find a solution to a problem i have with using "MagicZoom" in category views:

My client wanted 2 things to happen here:
- have a background image loaded in the page
- be able to load big size image over this background when you hover product's thumbs

For the timebeing i managed to achieve this by using item Id's with joomla articles instead of using Virtuemart's categories presentation.

The main problem with this if you want to use VM and MagicZoom is that MagicZoom doesn't allow without changing the code, to display the hovered images in an absolute position.

The hovers are displayed with a given fixed distance (to top right of thumbs for example) so i will have to change the code so they appear in an absolute positionned Div.

If you have any idea on this, i will love to know about it ;)

Marc
  • MARC ICHOU MIRZAYOU
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 17 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Last Edit: 13 years 6 months ago by MARC ICHOU MIRZAYOU.
Marc,

You asked for feedback on this site... well the only word that comes to mind is 'OUTSTANDING'!

There are a few pages without supporting images (i.e. édition personnalisée) but I'm sure these are still in development. Marc, please let us know what other Joomla Bamboo templates you've transformed... I can't wait!

Ed
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Ed wrote:
Marc,

You asked for feedback on this site... well the only word that comes to mind is 'OUTSTANDING'!

Hi Ed, thank you so much for your words... so many hours have gone into this project !

There are a few pages without supporting images (i.e. édition personnalisée) but I'm sure these are still in development.

Right. Some pages will be completed between october and november. More products to come...
Marc, please let us know what other Joomla Bamboo templates you've transformed... I can't wait!

I have used GRID on this one : amenites-developpementdurable.net . No much transformations because of... low budget ;)

And now i am working on a lawyers site based on RASA (main transformations: CSS styles and mixing horizontal main menu with the banner position to have one block with rounded corners)... stay tuned !

More and more i am turnig to Bamboo's templates overs others - I 'll let you guess the names ;) - that i have used in the past.

Marc
  • MARC ICHOU MIRZAYOU
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 17 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Last Edit: 13 years 6 months ago by MARC ICHOU MIRZAYOU.
Marc,

Please excuse my oversight... Welcome to Joomla Bamboo. I like your style!

Je comprends parfaitement votre clin d'oeil

Ed
  • Ed
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Ed,

Merci pour cet accueil chaleureux !

Marc
  • MARC ICHOU MIRZAYOU
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 17 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Wow beautiful stuff! Hardly anything of Strata in there now but the design is nice and minimal and unique - congrats!

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,

You are right, from strart i knew that we would be using minimal module positions so i stripped out a lot of code from index.

In fact there are more hidden module positions than anything else :laugh:

The big challenge (pain !) was to customize Virtuemart's templates.

Thank's for your appreciation (can i say it this way in english ?) !

Marc
  • MARC ICHOU MIRZAYOU
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 17 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Yeah absolutely - good luck with the site.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Marc,

I've heard of similar issues (or the same) with Virtuemart and SEF URLs, but haven't had to deal with them personally...yet.

Anyway, forgive my, uh, presuming to tell you how to set up your Joomla site. You clearly are a Joomla-master! And again, great job on the website.

John
  • John Sundberg
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 6 posts
Anthony Olsen wrote:
Yeah absolutely - good luck with the site.

Anthony

;) ;)
  • MARC ICHOU MIRZAYOU
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 17 posts
  • 1 Thanks
John Sundberg wrote:
Marc,

I've heard of similar issues (or the same) with Virtuemart and SEF URLs, but haven't had to deal with them personally...yet.

Anyway, forgive my, uh, presuming to tell you how to set up your Joomla site. You clearly are a Joomla-master! And again, great job on the website.

John

John,

I asked for feedback... and you gave me feeback :cheer:

Suggestions, ideas are always welcome. Sometimes the clue comes from just a word.

Thank's again,

Marc
  • MARC ICHOU MIRZAYOU
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 17 posts
  • 1 Thanks
I love it that members are contributing this sort of stuff - great to see folks :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers