Support Forum

• Page:

Yoga Website using Landscape

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Just put this redesign of a local yoga studio live, used the Landscape template for this. The previous website was pretty bad, and the yoga girl character/color scheme works well with a hot yoga studio. Join the Facebook group!

www.ilovehotyoga.com

Extensions used were:

JCE
Cufon font replacement
GCalendar
Yoo Spotlight for Teachers hover effect
Yoo Carousel for Slidehow
Wufoo for Contact Form
  • Rosston Meyer
  • Previous Member
  • 2 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hello,
Very nice work! I like the site generally.

Just a friendly suggestion: slow down the slideshow a bit. The site generally sends a message of serenity and calm, but the slides kind of feel like you're rushing us a bit.

I've also experimented with Yoo Carousel (as well as the JB Slideshow and Gavick Photoslide). What made you choose Yoo Carousel?

Thanks for sharing,
Matt
  • matthewschenker
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 311 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Matt,

Thanks for the comments on the site. Funny about the sldiewshow, it was first 6 seconds, then the client asked to change the 4.....that was too fast so I changed it to 2 seconds and they liked that. So, not going to argue with the client on that one but I agree with you....its too fast.

I used YooCarousel just because it's what I use for slideshows like this....I've had good luck with YooCarousel so that's why i used it on the site. Thanks again!
  • Rosston Meyer
  • Previous Member
  • 2 posts
Looks great Rosston - I really like the way you have implemented this. There is hardly any Landscape in there except for the menu items which I think is great. I love seeing how people remix our stuff :)

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Rosston,
Well, if the client wants it then what can you do?

I've explored the site a bit more and it looks great all the way through. I agree with Anthony that you tok Landscape and made it your own. As someone trying to learn more about design by seeing how other smart and creative people think, your efforts are inspiring.

Thanks,
Matthew
  • matthewschenker
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 311 posts
  • 1 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers