Support Forum

• Page:

Thanks to JoomlaBamboo

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Guys,

Because me not a mod in this part of town I just noticed this little showcase area :woohoo: cool to see the what the people who have posted in the forums and their finished masterpieces...well done!, kind of puts it all together and I can share in your victory in mastering Joomla.:)

Its been 12 months exactly since I joined JoomlaBamboo and wow how much have I learnt here, still way behind the eight ball as to the combined knowledge that is freely given here however I have progressed enough to help as many people as I can here and confidently build web sites for others.

The first site I put together is my baby (Grid template) as it taught me so much and has just been updated to include K2 v2.2 craig-james.com.au

The second is my concreting site because apart fro being an artist, Im a also concretor :woohoo: (Praise template) and now I receive more enquiries than I do from newspaper adverts, a victory in learning SEO techniques conc.com.au This site now ranks number 1 in Google within a 200km radius of my home. tiny.cc/CYm2M

The third is my website design site, The Avante template was that good I didnt have to change much at all studiooic.com and is my springboard into web site development.... about time I gave up concreting me thinks ;)

The fourth was my first paying client, an artist of course and I made good use of the Organica template, very simple and I thought it needed more however the client loves it..... the paying client is always right koniicburns.com

I have another paying customer, a landscaper, and its in the planning stage.....soon, soon I will give the concreting tools away and go for gold :woohoo:

Thanks to the support that I have received here at JoomlaBamboo from Anthony, all the Mods and the members, without such support and advice I wouldnt have made it this far.

Cheers ;)
Craig
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Studiooic is looking very slick Craig, great content and well laid out. I am sure that it will be a great success for you.

Good luck with turning pro!
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
:woohoo: lauging.... geez dont know about turning Pro..... ;) I am glad the last year has got me to a point where I dont have to concrete all the time..... bit strange a blue collar turning white collar.... but then I have always been a little different ;)

Thanks for the encouragement :) I am under no illusions, Pro comes in about another 5 years

Your humble apprentice
Craig ;)
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
Hey Craig, Thanks so much for the post.

Its a real pleasure being able to help your evolution especially an artist such as yourself. I figure that to be a good web developer you need attention to detail and to know how to use the platform but you also need some flair. These sites certainly show that the artist doesnt take a back seat in the development of a site.

Good luck with the transition :)

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks Anthony :)

The business plan has been written, I know where I'm headed however I now need to learn how to market this little minnow in a pool full of sharks. Quite overwhelming actually, but as you know you have to start somewhere otherwise you never actually start. ;)

Yep the artistic side is what I enjoy and cant wait till my coding experience progresses so as I can make some real nifty stuff like you do.

I cant wait till I can finally hang up my concreting boots and balance web development with my artwork, only then will I die a happy man :woohoo:

Thanks again mate for all your support and help, I feel proud to be an active member of JoomlaBamboo.

Cheers
Craig ;)
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
Craig,
Excellent site! I just spent some time on it this morning, after my 17-month-old daughter went to day care (I think she is still too young to understand your work!)

I'm still putting the final touches on my site, and I am learning a lot from you and the others here at Joomlabamboo. I'm thinking, like you, that perhaps I want my home page to have fewer modules and leave a more "open" look to it.

Thanks for sharing and keep us posted!

Matthew
  • matthewschenker
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 311 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Last Edit: 14 years 1 month ago by matthewschenker.
This is a great site and hope I can achieve this standard!
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks Paul :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers