Support Forum

• Page:

Ecommerce - hikashop

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Will any of your ecommerce templates work with Hikashop as I don't like virtuemart and I am after a responsive bootstrap template.

Blankoshop says its built for virtuemart, others you have are for Tienda or Redshop.

I guess any template will work but just wondering if the dedicated shop templates you have would work with hikashop
  • Huski
  • 12 Month basic
  • 264 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Huski,

Could you try and let us know about your experience, if you have any issues coming from our template, please let us know so that we can support you. We'd love to support as many extensions as possible. Our recent templates are built on Bootstrap therefore it should work well with other Bootstrap based extensions.

Regards,
  • vietvu
  • 12 Month basic
  • 605 posts
  • 51 Thanks
Hi Husky,

I tuned the Koan template as frontend for a Hikashop website.
I think it's ok, my website is now online, it's not absolutly finished but it works and it's responsive design.
The website is a migration from J1.5 + VM 1.1 to J3.1 + Hikashop
You can check it there, but keep in mind that I don't see it as finished :
www.lumieredechine.com

It's a small site, not a very big business.

I decided to put the site online because I did want a cool test during summer, and I will have a work session in august to correct all I need to correct.

Sincerely
  • Brunus
  • 12 Month basic
  • 99 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Brunus,

Thanks for the post :)

How did you find the experience and what do you think of Hikashop?

+1

Thanks again

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I am using the Nebula template and latest 2.2 version of Hikashop essentials. So far so good.

www.acdraftshields.com.au

Hikashop is pretty good but the documentation could be better - it takes a little getting used to and you can spend quite a bit of time working out how to do something but overall I like it.
  • Huski
  • 12 Month basic
  • 264 posts
Hi Huski,

A good combination for me, good luck with your site.

Regards,
  • vietvu
  • 12 Month basic
  • 605 posts
  • 51 Thanks
Hi all,

I was running Virtuemart since 2008, then I had a good experience for E-business with Joomla.
In fact I'm running 2 Virtuemart website.
www.lumieredechine.com is the one already migrated to Hikashop 2.2 / J3.1

And I'm migrating an other one, biggest, weirdest, because we hacked the VM 1.1 core for our needs...We hope Hikashop will help us to keep a clean core.
www.placedesenseignants.com
As you can see it's still under J1.5 and JA template customised.

Firts off all, before to migrate to Hokashop, I tested the 2.0 Virtuemart release.

I found Hikashop much more easy to customise than Virtuemart 2.0, I feel there is both much more freedom with Hikashop and much more logic in the engine.
It's easy to customise Hikashop templates without breaking the engine and updates.
Hikashop is also ready for responsive design, while it's not the case for Virtuemart 2.
I integrated Hikashop in Koan more quickly than I expected.

The Hikashop backend is more efficient than the VM one, while very different. For someone coming from VM, and with a good Joomla experience, it's not difficult to handle while perhaps a little strange at first look.

Hikashop is also a much more easy solution for migrating an old Virtuemart 1.1. Yes, that's weird, but migrating VM1 to Hikashop is easyer than migrating VM1 to VM2 !
Ok I did this 3 monthes ago now, then perhaps there is improvements in VM2 migrator now.

The Hikashop support is better, the team is answering quickly and gently, even if t's a small team.
There is non-free (but still GPL) Hikashop release, not so expensive (80€/year for the best bundle), with support time included.
I think the support for Hikashop is better because it's a new project with a smallest community than VM, then the dev team can handle the task.

There is lts other good points on Hikashop, like integration with Acymailing or other big extensions, affiliation engine, Seblod extension (that's an important point for me...I did not yet use Seblod but I consider it like a must to do when you webmastering Joomla E-business website).

I could write much more but it's time to go to work ;)

Sincerely.
  • Brunus
  • 12 Month basic
  • 99 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Thanks again for the post :)

I'm sure other users will find that very helpful

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers