Support Forum

• Page:

Starting the docs for our T3 based templates

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi folks,

Just letting you know that I have piublished the first stage of the docs for our T3 templates.

docs.joomlabamboo.com/t3-based-templates/

The main T3 documentation can be found on the main T3 framework website:
t3-framework.org/documentation.html
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Anthony

Not sure where to post this so ...

I have just started building a new site with Ascent. What are the consequences for the move to T3? Should I hang on, or is the migration/upgrade to the T3 framework going to be straightforward?

Thanks

David

ps Good move. I like T3 (and JBamboo)
  • davidryedale
  • 11 posts
Bumping this.
  • davidryedale
  • 11 posts
Hey David,

So sorry I missed this.

I would say build now and move to T3 once its available. Just make any changes in the custom.css file and that should more or less just fit in the T3 version.

There may be a little tweaking but I think it's going to be a pretty smooth process once we start moving out the new versions of the themes.

Hope that helps.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Do you have a rough roadmap or plan on when do you plan to migrate the existing templates to T3? May be...two per month, starting from the newest to oldest (12 months back)?

I dont feel like offering to my customers any of the templates based on the old technology now. Actually, I had delivered my first 2.5 (responsive) install last month just a few days before reading your T3 blog post. I understand your change in strategy, but it is a set back for us anyway - and in some way reduce the value of your old-technology templates.

And as of today, the offer of T3 responsive templates is limited to 1 premium plus 1 free template, right?
  • dashway
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 22 posts
Hi,

I completely understand your position.

AT the moment we have 2 premium and one free. And by the end of today we will have at least one more premium available.

My hope is that moving from the old themes to new versions of the same theme will be reasonably straight forward. I have a legacy system created - but need some real world test cases - that should make moving to T3 as simple as dropping in any custom css into the T3 folder.

I need to test this with actual customised themes before I can conclusively say that it is going to be painless but I will do everything I can to make that the case.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers