Support Forum

• Page:

Can't get my header to change even though I changed the image file

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I reloaded the image file, refreshed the page, cleared the history, purged the cache, checked the link, added the height and width and nothing will change the image of my header??? I know I edited it. What's up?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
It's hard for us to tell without a link... ;)

Wanna share?
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Which link? the site? oops... www.jewishcelebrity.org and I'll attach the file, too:
jcm_logo_2010-10-29.png

I changed it but it still stays the same. The weirdest thing???

And re: the image module: what's a foo?
There is no image with that name at:

/templates/jbnewmediaj1.5/images/jcm_logo_2010-10-29.png

The one currently loading is:

/templates/jbnewmediaj1.5/images/jcm_logo.png
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
I got your reply. I am really confused. I tried to change the image file path with that file path you had and nothing happened. Where did you get that file path? I named my file jcm.png Why was the file you had named /templates/jbnewmediaj1.5/images/jcm_logo_2010-10-29.png? what should my file be named? Whay isn't it changing? I thought that if I loaded the file to my site and then loaded it to my file manager -- then put it on my template it would appear in the header. Why isn't that happening?
I got the filename from the file you posted here.

To be certain you are actually replacing the old image with the new one, just delete the old one from the server:

/templates/jbnewmediaj1.5/images/jcm_logo.png

Refresh your page and you should see it disappear. Then FTP your new image to the same directory. Now you can be sure you are seeing the new one. If the file is named the same as the existing one, you won't need to make any other changes.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers