Support Forum

• Page:

K2 - how to show icon on admin control panel shortcuts Avanti quickstart

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Want to use K2 backend to build my site using Avanti quickstart. But the K2 admin is only available under components drop down menu. How do I get an icon on the main control panel? I've used K2 standalone, and once installed, it shows up as icon there.

Thanks.
  • vgoassociates
  • 12 Month basic
  • 66 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to Module Manager and click onto the Administrator tab. Click onto the New button (top right) and then select K2 QuickIcons (admin). Select the icon module position and enable and save this admin module. Go back to your Site/Control Panel, refresh and the K2 icons should be showing.

Ed
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Something weird just happened. I was trying to change module position -- I chose cpanel and found the K2 panel in its entirety on the right instead of a button like the other items. Now my administrator section of module manager is blank except for k2. No modules at all. What happened to my long list? Ouch!
  • vgoassociates
  • 12 Month basic
  • 66 posts
1. Missing stuff came back, don't know why, so admin shows all modules available for edit. However I still don't know which position will make the K2 icon appear where I want it -- right in the icon list with the others on the left.

2. There's a newer version of K2 than came with the template. How to update -- or should I?

3. Documentation for Avanti demonstrates how to configure K2 by selecting some specific K2 templates. I don't see these parameters available on my Avanti backend. Did they go away when Avanti was updated for the newer Zen grid? It's confusing when the documentation does not match the template.
  • vgoassociates
  • 12 Month basic
  • 66 posts
Hi there,

1. Its possible that the icon is missing from the fodler in the administrator. If you go to Extension manager > install/uninstall > modules are there any details for the k2 admin icon module?

If not then you can upload the files via ftp to administrator/modules and that will solve the issue for you.

2. We have been a little delayed with our updates. Should get this out soon.

3. Those screenshots are actually for the K2 category and not the Avanti admin. You need to go to components > k2 > categories and then select the template fromt he drop down list there.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I have a file called mod_K2_quickicons that is listed, dated 1/2007. On a second page, there's one called mod_quickicon that is grayed out.
  • vgoassociates
  • 12 Month basic
  • 66 posts
Ok that seems fine. When you edit the module itself are there any parameters?

What position o you have it published to and which admin template are you using?

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Got it to work, don't ask me how. Thanks for the help.
  • vgoassociates
  • 12 Month basic
  • 66 posts
Now I switched back and forth between the k2 category Avanteblog and Aventephotos and didn't see any diff on the home page.
  • vgoassociates
  • 12 Month basic
  • 66 posts
Glad you found it.

The home page is just showing a module and not the template itself.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hit submit too soon ... so the template changes wont make a difference until you a view the category itself.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks, Anthony. It's a lovely design and I'm eager to get it to work for my company.
  • vgoassociates
  • 12 Month basic
  • 66 posts
Thanks for the feedback.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers