Support Forum

Re: (Jquery?) conflict with Joomla 1.6 Template Styles

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hey Seth,
Quick reply; thanks! :)

As far as I can see the only jQuery stuff loading is to do with jTweet and the Library. I do have other extensions in use elsewhere on the site (Place Holder, Showplus slideshow and Simple Image Holder) but none are in use on the page in question. I'm not sure but as far as I can tell none of those use jQuery anyway.

Certainly no use of jQuery in the template build (I built it; I'd have no idea how to start using such clever stuff!)

Just tried 'enable unique' anyway, to no effect :(

I've noticed something else interesting:
When the original jblibrary.php is in its original state (and the Tweets are working but templates not) I have the 'Back to Top' function working. When I make the change to jblibrary.php, not only do the Tweets stop working, but the 'Back to Top' isn't there anymore either.

Is there any info I can provide to help make sure I've not done something really basically wrong (and dumb) somewhere? I'd be interested to see if Dave has the jTweet module installed, or if he'd be happy to install it to see if he has the same issue.

Thanks for your help :)
  • FranksBank
  • JB Pro
  • 8 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Also Frank we will probably need a link to see whats happening here.

Also are you using the latest version of the Library?

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,
Yes I believe I have the latest version as I downloaded directly from here yesterday. Silly question: where do I check the version? In the plugin parameters the top option for jQuery is 'v1.6 Latest (Google Only) if that helps.

I've installed it and jTweet on the web server now and the problem is replicated there. It's not a live domain yet and I'm working 'under cover' until launch; is there a way I can send the URL without posting it publicly?

Cheers,
Frank
  • FranksBank
  • JB Pro
  • 8 posts
Sure Frank - if you create a ticket I can take a look for you.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Ah. Looks like I need a higher level account for that. What the heck, I'll paste it here for you and maybe remove it at some point once the issue is resolved. Here you go:
bit.ly/oNOGRE
As it stands, the template assignment for the relevant page (Blog) is left at default. The Twitter feed has been set to my own account for testing.
And if you like the idea of a close up magician, that's what I do for a living so book me, not the site owner!! ;)
Frank
  • FranksBank
  • JB Pro
  • 8 posts
Hey Frank,

Make sure the JB Library plugin is enabled. It does not seem like jQuery is loading on your site.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hi Jason,
That's a bit odd; the plugin is definitely enabled. Both jTweet and the Back to Top functions were working fine initially but template assignments were disabled. The template assignment fix was applied to jblibrary.php which enabled the templates but disabled both jTweet and BtT.

If I reverse the jblibrary.php fix, they work again.

The source code suggests jQuery scripts are present on the page; if they're not working, does that mean it must be something to do with the template fix?

Cheers,
Frank
  • FranksBank
  • JB Pro
  • 8 posts
Hi Frank,

jQuery is not loading as it should, which is why the other issues are occurring. I would suggest that you reverse the fix proposed originally by Anthony (to restore functionality of the other scripts) and I will ask him to look again at the issue with template styles, as there is obviously something still amiss there.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Ok, I reverted the template fix and did a comparison between the old and new page codes. I can see now that the jquery.mon.js script isn't there in the header when the page doesn't work:

So, as a temporary workaround, I've put the template fix back in and manually added that script-load to my template, immediately after <head> (I pasted the full code in here initially but it was rejected)

Seems to be working now, so I'll stick with it for the moment and hopefully
you much-cleverer-than-I people will come up with a better solution in due course.

Many thanks for your excellent support by the way; very impressed :)
Cheers,
Frank
  • FranksBank
  • JB Pro
  • 8 posts
Thanks Frank.

We should start fresh the next time it gives you trouble.

Cheers,
Jason
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hi Guys,

I started having this problem again. I actually completely forgot about this and was disabling things to find out what was causing the template problems. It seems to be happening with the newest version on my 1.7 sites.

So I did some testing. I installed a Joomla 1.7.5 site and only installed the JB 1.2.2 plugin and made beez5 the default and assigned atomic as the home page. Atomic doesn't load. takhut.us

I install JB 1.2.2 on a 2.5.1 test site and got the same result. xingu.us Atomic is supposed to be the Calendar template.

Granted I don't like assigning templates but have a few circumstances where it's necessary. The scroll to top is just awesome for long winded blog pages!

Didn't see any other posts relating to this. No dates in the changelog so I don't know when the plugin was updated. Was the newest version the only one compatible with J 2.5? I am not updating many sites to this yet.

Thank you!

Update: Forgot to mention the 1.2.1 version on a J1.7.5 does the same thing. Not sure how far back I need to go where JB is compatible with J1.7.
  • DaveOzric
  • Free Extensions
  • 14 posts
Last Edit: 12 years 2 months ago by DaveOzric. Reason: Update
Hi Dave,

In future please can you start a new thread, your post doesn't seem to bear much relation to the existing thread.

Actually, I am not even clear what the issue is exactly. I see JB Library is loading without issue on both sites you linked to. We can't really help you troubleshoot issues with other developers templates.

Is the issue to do with JB Library?
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Hi,

Sorry about that. Basically it's the same problem I had when I started this thread. I am unable to assign multiple templates with the JB Library plugin enabled on the site.

It must have been an upgrade because it just started happening and I was doing upgrade checks on extensions to install some J2.5 sites.

The 2 links I gave are the example sites that have multiple templates assigned, but you can see if you go there they do not switch between pages.

On the J1.7.5 site it is a clean install I did today with only the JB plugin as an extra install.

Sorry for not being clear. This is the same issue I had when starting the topic.
  • DaveOzric
  • Free Extensions
  • 14 posts
My apologies Dave, I didn't go far bak enough on this thread to see your original post :blush: sorry.

I will post a ticket to our bug tracker abou this, as it is a little over my head. Looks like a recurrence of the previous code issue though.

Stay tuned, will update this thread as soon as we know more.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaveOzric
Hi Dave,

Can you confirm the JB LIbrary version number?
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,

The version on the fresh J1.7.5 install and J2.5.1 sites are 1.2.2. I installed a 1.2.1 on a existing J1.7.5 site and had the same result.

Thanks
  • DaveOzric
  • Free Extensions
  • 14 posts
Ok thanks.

Ill take a look through the svn to see where this crept in again.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi

Just wanted to add some weight to this as I'm seeing the same problem.

I have two templates, one for the homepage, one set as default for all others.

With JB library plugin installed, the template manually assigned to the homepage doesn't work, it just displays the default template.

If I disable JB plugin the templates work as expected.

This is on Joomla 2.5.3 - JB Library plugin version: 1.2.2

Hope a permanent fix can be made to this.
  • richpig
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 5 posts
Yes this is on our bug list at the moment. I think we did have a fix at one stage but I checked on this a few days ago and it seems that it isn't working. Will get an update today or tomorrow with any luck.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi

Just tried the 1.2.4 plugin version for Joomla 2.5.3 and the problem remains. Pages with manually set templates don't work, only the default template displays.

Hope a new version is available soon

Thanks
  • richpig
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 5 posts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers